General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman 70.3 Racine : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 15

2013-06-20 8:08 PM
in reply to: cynner

User image

Regular
Subject: Lake Andrea OWS across the lake
Just met Cynner and Gordon_mom at the "Swim Across Lake Andrea". AWESOME!!! If you hang out with em, you will most likely want to sign up for another tri

2013-06-21 6:33 AM
in reply to: t-royboy

Subject: RE: Lake Andrea OWS across the lake
Water nice and warm, I assume? See all of you at Pleasant Prairie Sunday!
2013-06-21 8:51 AM
in reply to: t-royboy

User image

New user
Kenosha
Originally posted by t-royboy

Just met Cynner and Gordon_mom at the "Swim Across Lake Andrea". AWESOME!!! If you hang out with em, you will most likely want to sign up for another tri

It was great to finally meet you yesterday!!! It's such a small world in triathlon. We've known Omar for quite some time. We still think you should do the REV3 in the Dells in August. :-)
2013-06-21 8:52 AM
in reply to: bowzer4birdie@windy

User image

New user
Kenosha
Originally posted by bowzer4birdie@windy

Water nice and warm, I assume? See all of you at Pleasant Prairie Sunday!

Water was quite warm. Gordon_mom and I used the long sleeve wetsuits last night. That was way too much....going with the sleeveless on Sunday.

And for those swimming without a wetsuit, you all will be perfectly comfortable!

Cynner
2013-06-21 9:11 AM

User image

Germantown
They said the water was low 70s on Tuesday night. Halfway across the lake I opened up my collar to let some cold water in to cool down a little bit.
2013-06-22 6:30 AM

For next Saturday's scheduled bike tour of the Racine HIM course, do you just need to show up or is it necessary to sign up beforehand? I was also thinking of getting an OWS in beforehand.

2013-06-22 9:30 AM

User image

When is the ride? Does it start at the transition area and do you ride the full course? Will there be support? Thanks
2013-06-22 9:50 AM
in reply to: rgarcia1501

User image

Germantown
TriWisconsins website says "arrive at 7, wheels out at 7:30". It'll be supported with a SAG, as well as (I believe) only one aid station. TriWI usually sends out an evite for the rides so they can gauge how many people will be there, but it's open to everyone.
2013-06-22 11:34 AM
in reply to: etasker

User image

Do you need to be a member of triwisconsin or is this open to anyone?
2013-06-22 8:39 PM
in reply to: rgarcia1501

User image

New user

Deerfield
The Tri WI ride is open to anyone, though send them an email to give them a heads up for head count. They take donations to help offset costs. There will likely be several other training groups up there the same day.
2013-06-24 4:41 PM
in reply to: bsantelik

I will plan to be there early to get a swim in beforehand. Anyone else?

2013-06-28 2:53 PM

User image

Los Angeles
Please let us know about any new paved roads on the bike course and what the water temp is. I need to mentally prepare for both!
2013-06-28 4:31 PM
in reply to: waupaca11

New user
Wauwatosa, WI
Going for an easy run after the TriWisconsin Ride tomorrow (wheels out at 7:30 AM) at an easy pace if anyone wants to join me. Shooting to run the course (6 miles).

Rob
2013-06-28 4:47 PM
in reply to: Turner100

User image

Germantown
I'll be there. Looking forward to it. Racine is just a few weeks away!
2013-06-28 6:33 PM

User image

New user
Kenosha
Originally posted by Turner100

Going for an easy run after the TriWisconsin Ride tomorrow (wheels out at 7:30 AM) at an easy pace if anyone wants to join me. Shooting to run the course (6 miles).

Rob

Hi Rob! Amy and I have a 6 mile run too. We will join you!

Cyndi
2013-06-29 1:49 PM

Hi Cindy, I'm doing Racine also, when is there another organized ride along course route? I swam the at racine yesterday. VERY cold!

2013-06-29 2:00 PM
in reply to: brett1117

User image

New user
Kenosha
HI Brett!
I don't think there is another organized ride. Today was the day. They are saying the water temps are about 59-60 so I bet it was a chilly one yesterday. :-)

Amy and I have another 4 hour bike ride next Saturday. Let me know if you're interested. However, I will tell you that we are stuck in Zone 2 for the duration. So if you're zippy fast, we will be a bore to you.

Cyndi

2013-06-29 3:07 PM
in reply to: 0

New user
Wauwatosa, WI
Subject: Racine Recon
Hi Cindy, sorry I missed Amy & you today. Did you get out on the course? I got to the ride late, and didn't see you out there.

Conditions were Wet & Windy today, the roads are still bumpy, and I think that they made some changes to the course. For anyone that's not local, Hwy U is actually 76th Street, and 50th Road turns into Krout Road. It's not marked on the map and easy to miss (my 56 ride turned into 65!!!)

I ran 7.5 miles and got to experience the 2 hills in the beginning of the run, but after than, it was all good. If the temps stay like this, there are going to be lots of PR's. (I'll take cold & windy over super hot & humid)

I didn't swim because the water was pretty choppy & cold. But, I guess that could be fun too!

Hope everyone's training is going well, 3 weeks to go!

Rob

PS, Thanks TriWisconsin for the support today!!!

Edited by Turner100 2013-06-29 3:11 PM
2013-07-01 11:50 PM

User image

Sioux Falls, SD
Subject: RE: Racine Recon
Swim waves are up. I start 2nd to last wave. That completely sucks. 8:20 start. So much for beating the heat. Seems to be solely in order of gender and age.
2013-07-02 6:15 AM
in reply to: buckeyeguy77

User image

Germantown
Yep... Unfortunately I'll be there with you at 8:20... I had a bad feeling we would be a late wave.
2013-07-02 8:37 AM
in reply to: buckeyeguy77

User image

New user
Kenosha
Yeah, everyone has been there. When I was in the F40-44, I was in the LAST group for a few years, but that didn't stop me from doing the race each year. Not the best place to be. But like the weather, you get what you get. You young kids will hammer out that bike in no time.

Cynner

2013-07-02 8:57 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
After lurking for months and getting some help via PM from Cynner and Gordom Mom, I decided it was finally time I posted. This will be my first Half Ironman and will be driving up race week from Texas (almost 19 hours - two day trip). I was thinking about how I wish I had put in more miles to this point, and then looked at the Ironman site to find Swim Waves and Bib Numbers. It just got very real for me that this is going to happen, and will do so in less than three weeks . Well I guess the only thing to do now is to keep going the way I am and toe the line on race morning.

Do most do there practice swim on Friday or Saturday, or is it a mixed bag? I will have to do so because I am not used to cold water swims and only have a sleeveless, so I want to know exactly what to expect on race morning.
2013-07-02 9:03 AM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

New user
Kenosha
Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

After lurking for months and getting some help via PM from Cynner and Gordom Mom, I decided it was finally time I posted. This will be my first Half Ironman and will be driving up race week from Texas (almost 19 hours - two day trip). I was thinking about how I wish I had put in more miles to this point, and then looked at the Ironman site to find Swim Waves and Bib Numbers. It just got very real for me that this is going to happen, and will do so in less than three weeks . Well I guess the only thing to do now is to keep going the way I am and toe the line on race morning.

Do most do there practice swim on Friday or Saturday, or is it a mixed bag? I will have to do so because I am not used to cold water swims and only have a sleeveless, so I want to know exactly what to expect on race morning.

Hi Hunting Triathlete!!

So glad to hear that you will be enjoying this event with us! You'll be able to swim both days (if you want). Hopefully, the wind direction will change and the temps will warm as the race gets closer. As a side note, I've only used my long-sleeve a couple of times for Racine. This is my 5th time doing this race. If the weather holds true to history, you'll be very comfortable in a sleeveless suite.

Gordon_Mom and I are looking forward to meeting you!!! I really think you'll enjoy the venue. If you have family that enjoys beach time, then they will LOVE the venue. :-)

You'll do great in Racine!

Cynner
2013-07-02 5:36 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Harrison, Oh
I'm in the 6th wave @ 7:16. Pretty lucky for me!

Funny, I always kind-of assumed they put what they considered the "slower" age groups toward the front and the "faster" ones toward the back for timing reasons; however, I was looking at wave assignments for Muncie (have some friends doing that one) and its completely different. For example, in Racine the M18-24 are in the very last wave and in Muncie the M18-24 are in wave #4. Interesting...

Anyway, hope everyone's training is going well. The weather here (Cincinnati, Oh) has been mild so far this season, I'm hoping for some of the same in Racine! See ya in a few weeks!

Edited by marathongirl11 2013-07-02 5:37 PM
2013-07-02 7:28 PM
in reply to: marathongirl11

User image

New user
Kenosha
Originally posted by marathongirl11

I'm in the 6th wave @ 7:16. Pretty lucky for me!

Funny, I always kind-of assumed they put what they considered the "slower" age groups toward the front and the "faster" ones toward the back for timing reasons; however, I was looking at wave assignments for Muncie (have some friends doing that one) and its completely different. For example, in Racine the M18-24 are in the very last wave and in Muncie the M18-24 are in wave #4. Interesting...

Anyway, hope everyone's training is going well. The weather here (Cincinnati, Oh) has been mild so far this season, I'm hoping for some of the same in Racine! See ya in a few weeks!

Hi Marathon Girl,

Racine used to be the same way as Muncie. It was very random and as I got older (45-49) I stayed at the back of the wave start while all the men 18-24, 25-29, etc. started before the older women. Kansas last year was similar to Racine this year. Reverse age with older men and women starting first.

I've been doing this race since 2007 (when it was the Spirit of Racine) and this is the FIRST year the waves have been set like this.

I'm in the W50-54 and I'm quite excited about my wave start. YAY!!!

Amy is your in wave, so we'll need to hook up. If I remember correctly, you're staying in Kenosha. If you need directions to the race, we are 2 minutes from your hotel.

Cyndi
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman 70.3 Racine : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 15