Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 9

2009-04-24 9:49 PM
in reply to: #1867684

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rochester, MN
Subject: RE: mjewen's group - FULL

WinterBeGone Duathlon in Oronoco, MN.  Oronoco is about 10 miles north of Rochester on Hwy 52.  Bill Nevala who is in our TriRochester club is the race director.  He also has RochesterFest Tri in Rochester at the end of June and a new one in Waseca in early Aug. 

By the way we'll have to meet at Chisago and/or Graniteman.  Scott lives in St Cloud and we are both doing those races although I'm doing the HIM at Chisago and he's doing the sprint. 

2009-04-25 10:09 PM
in reply to: #2109272

User image

mjewen - 2009-04-24 9:49 PM

WinterBeGone Duathlon in Oronoco, MN.  Oronoco is about 10 miles north of Rochester on Hwy 52.  Bill Nevala who is in our TriRochester club is the race director.  He also has RochesterFest Tri in Rochester at the end of June and a new one in Waseca in early Aug. 

By the way we'll have to meet at Chisago and/or Graniteman.  Scott lives in St Cloud and we are both doing those races although I'm doing the HIM at Chisago and he's doing the sprint. 

Hopefully the weather will be nice tomorrow for the race.  Seems the cold and rain is always worse for the volunteers - they arent sweating!

yes, lets meet up at the Chisago Lakes! 
The Graniteman is the same weekend as the Tour of Saints 50 mile bike tour around central mn.  Something I dreamt of doing as a teen - but was not able.. now.. I can.. so I do.  :D

Have fun at the du !
Roxann
2009-04-28 5:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rochester, MN

I know we have a few doing their 1st race of the year this coming weekend.  Just as I find the logs here on BT helpful, the same goes for race reports.  Sure, others can read your race report and that is neat but it is also a useful tool for yourself.  Make it detailed so you can learn from your race.  Pre-race routines, course notes for future years races, pacing strategies,  transition tips, etc.  In general do's and don'ts for future race days.  We may not be podium material but I think we all want to continue to improve and the BT logs and race reports are great tools! 

Drop a note here in our mentor thread when you have your race report completed so we can all go check out the details.  I just realized after you make your race report public you can still go out and edit if you want to add or correct something.  I made some updated to my Boston race report after i initially made it public. 

Good racing or training this weekend!      

2009-05-03 5:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Fremont
My race report is complete from today's half Marathon, had a great time. Smile

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=157293
2009-05-03 5:13 PM
in reply to: #2126856

User image

Slickster - 2009-05-03 5:07 PM My race report is complete from today's half Marathon, had a great time. Smile

WTG Slick!!!
Hey I did that half last year!  Almost did it this year till I decided to join up with a group in Cinci for the Flying Pigs.

I will get a race report out soon - right now I NEED food!  LOLOL

PR though - on the hills!!  2:39:42!!
not bad for just coming back to running post foot surg.

talk to you all later with report!
Roxann
2009-05-03 5:19 PM
in reply to: #2126861

User image

Veteran
Fremont
martymngirl - 2009-05-03 5:13 PM
Slickster - 2009-05-03 5:07 PM My race report is complete from today's half Marathon, had a great time. Smile

WTG Slick!!!
Hey I did that half last year!  Almost did it this year till I decided to join up with a group in Cinci for the Flying Pigs.

Roxann

Great Job! I'll bet I had the better weather today   The Flying Pig must be very popular, I follow several people on Twitter that ran in that today as well.  How does it compare?

2009-05-03 10:53 PM
in reply to: #2126865

User image

Slickster - 2009-05-03 5:19 PM
martymngirl - 2009-05-03 5:13 PM

WTG Slick!!!

Roxann

Great Job! I'll bet I had the better weather today   The Flying Pig must be very popular, I follow several people on Twitter that ran in that today as well.  How does it compare?

The Flying pigs is quite popular - it is a very challenging course!!  The hills were from mile 5 to 10... BRUTAL!!
but it was a lot of fun.

Lincoln was a great course, and the think I liked the most - the awards ceremony was held AFTER the last runners/ walkers came in... not at 9:30 when only the elite were in.

todays race - awards were completed before we even finished...  just not very inspirational.

having done my first half marathon at a race where so much of the cheering was for continuing to run thru the years - and celebration of the awards.  I was so inspired by the many that had done all 26 National Guard runs - and for those that were still doing the half at the upper years.  :D  I was extremely inspired.
I think I would like to do that one again in the near future.
roxann
2009-05-05 10:04 PM
in reply to: #2127532

User image

Here is the link to my race report from the Flying Pigs Half Marathon:

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=157790

It was challenging and definitely pushed me past my perceived limitations.  But that said - it was very fullfilling. 

2009-06-25 10:00 PM

New user

Plainfield, IL
HEY!!  Where is everyone??  I finished my first sprint triathlon 2 weeks ago.  My goal was to finish it in 2 hours and I ended up doing 2:01:59.  Not bad for my first time out.  I lost a lot of time in transition....I guess there is a reason they tell you to decorate where your bike is LOL....6 minutes looking for it.  The water temperature was freezing and I couldn't catch my breath the entire swim.  The bike was ok...but I was really wishing I had a road bike instead of the hybrid.  Everyone was passing me and that is my reason for it haha.  Nobody warned me I wouldn't be able to feel my legs when I got off the bike.  I almost knocked a couple people over when I entered the transition shute.  I felt like jello legs.  I walked the first 1/2 mile of the run trying to get feeling back.  All in all it was a great experience and I was very proud of myself for finishing.

Swim 15:47
Bike 57
Run 38

Sandy
2009-06-25 10:10 PM
in reply to: #2244154

User image

Veteran
Fremont
Sandy43 - 2009-06-25 10:00 PM HEY!!  Where is everyone??  I finished my first sprint triathlon 2 weeks ago.  My goal was to finish it in 2 hours and I ended up doing 2:01:59.  Not bad for my first time out.  I lost a lot of time in transition....I guess there is a reason they tell you to decorate where your bike is LOL....6 minutes looking for it.  The water temperature was freezing and I couldn't catch my breath the entire swim.  The bike was ok...but I was really wishing I had a road bike instead of the hybrid.  Everyone was passing me and that is my reason for it haha.  Nobody warned me I wouldn't be able to feel my legs when I got off the bike.  I almost knocked a couple people over when I entered the transition shute.  I felt like jello legs.  I walked the first 1/2 mile of the run trying to get feeling back.  All in all it was a great experience and I was very proud of myself for finishing.

Bike 57
Run 38

Sandy

Awesome job, you should be very proud of that accomplishment...Keep it up!
2009-06-25 10:41 PM
in reply to: #2244171

User image

Slickster - 2009-06-25 10:10 PM
Sandy43 - 2009-06-25 10:00 PM HEY!!  Where is everyone??  I finished my first sprint triathlon 2 weeks ago.  My goal was to finish it in 2 hours and I ended up doing 2:01:59.  Not bad for my first time out.  I lost a lot of time in transition....I guess there is a reason they tell you to decorate where your bike is LOL....6 minutes looking for it.  The water temperature was freezing and I couldn't catch my breath the entire swim.  The bike was ok...but I was really wishing I had a road bike instead of the hybrid.  Everyone was passing me and that is my reason for it haha.  Nobody warned me I wouldn't be able to feel my legs when I got off the bike.  I almost knocked a couple people over when I entered the transition shute.  I felt like jello legs.  I walked the first 1/2 mile of the run trying to get feeling back.  All in all it was a great experience and I was very proud of myself for finishing.

Bike 57
Run 38

Sandy

Awesome job, you should be very proud of that accomplishment...Keep it up!

wow!!  awesome job Sandy!!  what is next??
oh.. yeah.. Sandy.. the legs are numb after the bike!  you just keep moving them.. and they will still carry you.  :D  I guess you found that out!

ohhhh I love the idea of decorating the bike area!  wow!  probably a good plan huh?

2009-06-26 10:57 PM
in reply to: #2244211

User image

Just an update on my training here.
the bike is going very well.  my speeds are no where your pace Mike, but great for me.
I have been doing some rides on my bridgestone which is a sweet ride - steel bike... but speed.. not so much.  but it really helps me know what my legs are cabable of.  I work a lot harder on that bike than my carbon road bike!

speed on my carbon bike hover around 17mph avg when not totally pushing it.  Still working on getting to the smallest ring on my front gears..  (I have a triple), but it gets better with every practice... time in the saddle!

running - I have finally found my rhythm!  going pretty well.. still a slow pace, but it is less frustrating and more fun once again.  Post foot surgery I lost that fun part..  and really struggle to run for longer than a couple minutes. 
Doing much, much better!! 

swim.. wow.. do I LOVE OWS'S!!!  I totally love swimming in real water!  I am so much more at home than doing laps at the pool.. and it shows... that 1/4 mile is done before I know it!!  not so much when doing it in the pool.. hahahaha
I will be doing the side stroke in the sprint I am doing July 26th.. it is my strong stroke, and I can do the distance without feeling like I may drown.  I keep working on the free style and it is coming... there too.. it feels better in the lake and not in the pool.. psychological I am sure!  hahahaha

recently, I was fortunate enough to support a friend at a Half Iron Man!  wow what a race that is!!
It was the Ironman Kansas 70.3 in Lawrence, KS...  I did the 10k the day before, my friend did the HIM that Sunday.
Chrissy Wellington was also there!  I got to see the pro's do this race - transitions - crowd pleasing.. and wow!!  what a fun time!!
then the regular folks started coming in... oooohhh my goodness.. a lot of transition hugs from significant others.. with WOW AM I PROUD OF YOU kisses!!   sooooo inspiring to know how so many of them got to the point of doing the HIM... lots of great stories out there.  I was all over that course cheering my friend on.  I think I made as many miles as she did!!  hahahaha.. 
I also observed transitions to learn some of the gotta do things.. and some of the better avoid that stuff.. hahahaha
It was a fun time for sure!

so.. that is where I am at these days.

how about all of you?

Slick, what are you up to these days?  how is your training going?
Sandy, you are doing soooo great!  I looked at your times again.. and you did awesome!!  you should be very proud!

Mike, are you guys still doing the granite city tri and the chisago lakes?    I would love to meet up at least at the chisago lakes tri.  I am excited for it!  yet nervous as all get out!  LOL

Roxann
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » mjewen's group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 9