BT Development Mentor Program Archives » sbreaux's group CLOSED!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 9

2010-04-17 3:28 PM
in reply to: #2578417

User image

New user

Subject: RE: sbreaux's group CLOSED!!!
Doing well.  Finally getting some bike riding and swimming in on a consistent basis.

Last weekend I got to do an organized ride that followed what will be the final stage of Tour of California (in May).  Though I did an extremely abbreviated version versus what the pros will ride, it was fun nonetheless.  I'll try to go out and see them ride when they come to town.

Also got my first tri of the season tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

2010-04-17 8:15 PM

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
have a fantastic race
2010-04-19 2:06 PM
in reply to: #2793107

User image

Expert
daisymouse - 2010-04-15 3:48 AM Hi Gang

How's everybody doing?  Feel like I've lost my mojo over the last month; tri season here has finished for me and it's school holidays so I have my son at home.  All my club training sessions are geared towards the people who are doing the HIM in a few weeks and the sessions are a bit fierce for me.  I'm off to the UK in 5 weeks time, for a month so will be able to only run, which is kinda good as my next race is a running one, either 14k or a half-mary, depending on how the hip holds out.   Has everyone's season started yet in the top half of the world?

House-wise, we are still having consequences from the storm, need new carpets and my car has been written off due to the hail damage (but this is a good thing).  As I type, guys are on the roof but the most horrible thing was the poor possum who crawled into the wall cavity to get away from the hail and expired there.  We only realised when a nasty niff started to appear.  I still reckon I'm lucky though - this was a once in a century storm and I got to witness it. 

Hope everyone's well
Daisy

Hi Daisy!  Good to hear an update   Sorry about the house & car, but glad to hear everything's on the mend (except that poor possum!)

I have my marathon coming up on Saturday.  I'm a little anxious since it's my first one, but I'm sure it'll be fine.  I'm just worried because it's supposed to be 80 degrees with thunderstorms   Not sure what they'll do if the weather's horrible, but hopefully the forecast changes and it'll be cooler and drier than predicted!
2010-04-19 3:42 PM

User image

New user

Good luck on the race!
2010-04-26 8:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC
Hey all!
Haven't been on the forum in a while and was just checking in to see how everyone was doing! I am starting my official Triathlon training this week on route to my first race in July. I picked up a used road bike from a friend who is looking to upgrade and I am pretty stoked! I took it to REI this weekend just to get everything tuned and I should have it back this week. I can't wait to get it out on the road. I hope everyone's training is going well.
Cheers,
David
2010-04-27 4:35 PM
in reply to: #2818334

User image

Expert
triwolfpack - 2010-04-26 8:29 PM Hey all! Haven't been on the forum in a while and was just checking in to see how everyone was doing! I am starting my official Triathlon training this week on route to my first race in July. I picked up a used road bike from a friend who is looking to upgrade and I am pretty stoked! I took it to REI this weekend just to get everything tuned and I should have it back this week. I can't wait to get it out on the road. I hope everyone's training is going well. Cheers, David

Hi David!

Congrats on the new bike and starting out your training plan!  I just started with my training plan, too (skipping all the runs, though, so that I can recover from my marathon), and I've already missed a bike workout due to a flat tire this morning!

Can't wait to see how your training goes Smile

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » sbreaux's group CLOSED!!! Rss Feed  

of 9