BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2015-02-07 8:09 AM
in reply to: 2NewKnees

User image

, Tennessee
Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Open
Originally posted by 2NewKnees

Todd....many thanks for your kind words!!! Also for the welcoming words from the other members. I need to do some more reading about transition area set up, what to wear in the pool/ride portions, and what to expect in general. I plan to contact the race organizers again to see if they have any articles on this event specifically....

Swim session moves to tomorrow. Visiting our daughter and son in law. I'll swim with her tomorrow......"free lessons" from her......;0)

Make it a great day!!

Bill,

Love your comment "make it a great day". Very inspirational. After all, it is up to us what we do with each day.

Todd and the rest of the Turtles - I think Bill's quote should be our group motto.

Michelle

2015-02-07 8:55 AM
in reply to: Suzie471

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
Originally posted by Suzie471

Originally posted by Gnoory

Welcome Mike, and Colleen: it's a beauty! Todd, do we name and picture our shoes and swimwear as well? Hmmm...gotta think this through. What have you named your last bikes?

Of course you have to name your bike! I have a Specialized Road Bike that's bright orange so of corse its name is "Julius"...aka Orange Julius, lol! The funny thing is that I refer to my bike as Julius all the time and people will think that I am talking about an actual person, lol!

Since everyone is naming bikes:
My bike is my sidekick to my car. My bike is blue called Gabrielle sidekick to my car Xena.
Yes I was a big fan of Xena Warrior Princess.
Don't judge!
2015-02-07 9:16 AM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Sweet Todd,
I'm excited for your new bike. I hope it is still there when you go back!! When you get it you have to post pictures. I was lucky my husband cycles for the American Military team and he was able to get a good bike at a great price.
Good Luck with it.
2015-02-07 9:31 AM
in reply to: Lovey

User image

That is great! I will have to think about a name for my bike. In answer to your earlier a question Todd, I haven't gotten my sneakers yet. I am working with a good pair of columbians right now but I need to get a swimsuit, sneakers and my own goggles(I've been borrowing my husbands)

As for training,
Yesterday I swam 100 yd with the kickboard(slowly) I need to build up my legs.
100yd breaststroke and 100 yd backstroke. I have been working on pacing out my breaths 1breath per 3 strokes.
I did some weights and then came home and got on the trainer and did 21 minutes on the bike. It is getting easier after I have been riding for about 10 minutes. I was surprised how far I swam. I just thinking let me get another lap in with my legs, ok let me get another lap in with my breast stroke. I felt it after I got out of the pool.

I got a massage on Thursday and the therapist found some nasty knots in my forearms and upper biceps. I am making a much stronger effort to stretch.
I think those are mostly from the cycling.

I am coming to the end of 2 weeks so far. I have had high spirits and I am excited that I am on this path. I am looking forward and don't know how I will do this - swim then get out and still have energy for the ride and then have legs to run. I am not at all focusing on that. I figure that if I follow the training I will be ready when it is time. I am working on one week at a time.
I am glad that I am in this group. I enjoy reading everyone else's journey.

Nicole
2015-02-07 9:31 AM
in reply to: Lovey

User image

That is great! I will have to think about a name for my bike. In answer to your earlier a question Todd, I haven't gotten my sneakers yet. I am working with a good pair of columbians right now but I need to get a swimsuit, sneakers and my own goggles(I've been borrowing my husbands)

As for training,
100yd breaststroke and 100 yd backstroke. I have been working on pacing out my breaths 1breath per 3 strokes.
I did some weights and then came home and got on the trainer and did 21 minutes on the bike. It is getting easier after I have been riding for about 10 minutes. I was surprised how far I swam. I just thinking let me get another lap in with my legs, ok let me get another lap in with my breast stroke. I felt it after I got out of the pool.

I got a massage on Thursday and the therapist found some nasty knots in my forearms and upper biceps. I am making a much stronger effort to stretch.

I am coming to the end of 2 weeks so far. I have had high spirits and I am excited that I am on this path. I am looking forward and don't know how I will do this - swim then get out and still have energy for the ride and then have legs to run. I am not at all focusing on that. I figure that if I follow the training I will be ready when it is time. I am working on one week at a time.

Nicole
2015-02-07 9:59 AM
in reply to: nekomidori

User image

, Tennessee
Originally posted by nekomidori

As for training,

Nicole

Nicole,

Sounds like you are doing great! It is quite overwhelming to think about putting it all together, isn't it. We just have to remember baby steps. And baby steps are okay as long as we are moving forward.

I have a massage planned next Friday and can't wait. Have had it scheduled for a month and told myself I had to stay on track with my exercise plan or I couldn't have the massage. Talk about some motivation!

Michelle

2015-02-07 12:20 PM

New user

Thanks Todd for the encouragement and excepting me into the group!

I do wish that I did not have to always think about "where the money is coming from?" It seems that I live in area that it is hard for me to find Tri's that are not far away. I will be going to Ann Arbor Michigan in June for the Tri Goddess Tri which for me is about a 2 1/2hr drive. With the cost of entering and staying in a hotel it seems that it can add up pretty quickly with money, and with Tri's starting so early in the morning, I feel like I need to stay the night before. It can get a little frustrating with the costs.

Looking forward to being apart of the group and I hope that I can add some motivation to others!

Suzie,
Waterloo Recreation area, where the Tri Goddess Tri is held has camping right in that park. If cost is an issue, you might consider being in the park overnight.. borrow a friends tent and pack a cooler full of food, and your right there. Just an idea.

I did my first Tri at this event in 2012, they did a great job, you will have a good time.
Patti
2015-02-07 3:35 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Colleen, nice bike!!!

I plan on using my Trek Hybrid (DS2).....that'll have to do. I suppose I'm supposed to take the bell and mirror off????? :) :) :)

Training today.....2000 yards in the pool. First time in this particular pool; took me a few laps to adjust. My daughter also swam; she had 1000 yards before I hit 500!! She ended up with 3000. She is so smooth......

Edited by 2NewKnees 2015-02-07 3:38 PM
2015-02-07 4:26 PM

User image

FortWayne, Indiana
Originally posted by barkncat

I do wish that I did not have to always think about "where the money is coming from?" It seems that I live in area that it is hard for me to find Tri's that are not far away. I will be going to Ann Arbor Michigan in June for the Tri Goddess Tri which for me is about a 2 1/2hr drive. With the cost of entering and staying in a hotel it seems that it can add up pretty quickly with money, and with Tri's starting so early in the morning, I feel like I need to stay the night before. It can get a little frustrating with the costs.

Looking forward to being apart of the group and I hope that I can add some motivation to others!

Suzie,
Waterloo Recreation area, where the Tri Goddess Tri is held has camping right in that park. If cost is an issue, you might consider being in the park overnight.. borrow a friends tent and pack a cooler full of food, and your right there. Just an idea.

I did my first Tri at this event in 2012, they did a great job, you will have a good time.
Patti

Thanks Patti that's a great idea!! By any chance will you be doing it this year? Would love to meet other people

Edited by Suzie471 2015-02-07 4:31 PM
2015-02-07 6:10 PM

User image

Ok I have been thinking about the name for my bike. I may need help on this one.
My bike is in my profile picture.
Colleen I love your bike!! How exciting!
Mike- Welcome, I am also a beginner and doing the Michael Pates 22 week program. I am on week 2
Patti- Welcome
Bill Welcome, you inspire me with the distances in the pool. It must be great to have a swim partner. My son jogged with me today and was nice enough to do it at my pace.
Michelle- That is a great motivator. My massage therapist is interested in my goal and helping me get there. She is looking up further stretches to help specific target spots.

I went to the tri shop today and realized I turn my feet in slightly in the heel area when I run. I also need a firmer shoe to help stabilize my foot. So I ordered a pair of Brooks. The man there is putting me into a size a bit bigger than what I wear. I tried it on and it felt good. Not the exact shoe mine will be in next week, but similar.

I also got some new goggles and some biking gloves. I tried on different swim suits but nothing yet. I guess I am longer in the torso?? I wear a size 8 in clothes but my bottom half is larger than the top. So I was running into suits that were too short in the torso or if I went up a size they were too loose other places. I guess I will keep looking for my glass slipper. I plan to compete in a 2 piece tri outfit but need something to train in for a little bit. I was thinking to buy my tri outfit in the spring when I have some tax money back.

I walked/jogged today inside on a track with my son. We walked for 1/4 mille then jogged for 1/4 mile. I got in 1.625 miles in 24 minutes
I hope the weather is nice tomorrow I would love to get out on my bike again. It got up to 60 today but was a bit windy.

Make it a great day! (I love this)
Nicole
2015-02-07 8:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Gnoory

Welcome Mike, and Colleen: it's a beauty! Todd, do we name and picture our shoes and swimwear as well? Hmmm...gotta think this through. What have you named your last bikes?

Well, actually I only named the bike I have now, which may explain why the first one did not fit and caused me back pain from day one.

So here she is so to speak, Everyone say hello to LUCILLE. (she still has the green bar tape, but now just has solid black tires (while the green were cool that just were no where near puncture resistant enough for the areas I ride on my long rides)

Edited by Hunting Triathlete 2015-02-07 9:06 PM

(IMG_0013.JPG)

(IMG_0335.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_0013.JPG (2212KB - 4 downloads)
IMG_0335.JPG (70KB - 3 downloads)

2015-02-07 8:50 PM
in reply to: #5078752

I am very new to this I would like to be a part of your group. I'm starting my 22 week training tomorrow. My name is Liz
2015-02-07 9:01 PM
in reply to: barkncat

User image

Extreme Veteran

Ok… here I am…. The straggler. I’d like to join your group.
NAME: Patti

STORY: I’m a 50-55 age grouper who tends to be at the end of the pack. I’m trying really hard to climb up from my first race when I came in last place in 2012. Seriously a 70 year old women had a better time than me. I was very discourage and basically thought I would never do another Tri again. Not really sure what got me doing it again other than that New Years Resolution BS that got me motivated. I figured that if I had a goal, I would be more consistent with my work outs.

I did my first Tri on my Walmart $129 Schwinn but last year decided to get a better bike only to find out that forward seating position was not comfortable and hurt my hands/ wrist. I need to trade it in this year for a bike with straight across bars, oh.. ya.. and I’ll be having Carpel Tunnel surgery in Feb too. Not sure if the new bike aggravated it enough to have surgery or my motorcycle riding.

I did two Tri Sprint in 2014 and did indeed move up from last place a few spots each race. My goal is to shave a few minutes off each race, and maybe some day I will be in the middle of the pack. I did have to drop out of one Tri during the swim. I had been sick and not training and when I hit that 78 degree water without a wet suit, I just couldn’t catch my breath. Part of it was the cold water taking my breath away which has happened every time, but usually after about 5 min I catch my breath and can keep swimming. Not that day. I seriously thought I was going to drown. The next month I did go back and successfully finish the race. Glad I got back in the water.

This year I want a wet suit, but with my larger size, I’m going to have to look at the mens . I hope those suits have a place for “the girls” underneath. LOL

FAMILY STATUS: Married with 3 cats and a dog.

CURRENT TRAINING: I was focusing on doing the P90X3 routines in the morning ( but got tired of the guy bashing other types of work outs on the DVD )and working on my couch to 5 K program in the evening, since I suck at running. (I’m currently up to 10 min run time in my 40 min workout with a 16.44 min per mile pace) I may have to head back to the dr in the spring time to get some more injections in my knees for arthritis so I can continue to run.

2014 RACES: T-Rex Tri in Brighton MI. Started all 3, finished two.. and I wasn’t last.

2015 RACES: T-Rex in Brighton, MI, planning on doing all 3. I love this race because its on Wed night, close to home and I don’t have to commit a weekend to it.

WEIGHTLOSS: All this will be easier if I was lighter. After last summer I took 6 weeks off, started exercising again and twisted my ankle and gained 12 lbs. So.. time to start counting / cutting calories and leaving the beer in the fridge if I expect to shed a few.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I may not be a good mentee. I picked this group because it was small and designed for beginners. Many have too many people and all the posts will just overwhelm me. But I’d like to make a few friends who are doing the same thing I’m doing and just trying to be a little bit better every year. I’ll try not to be one of those drop out people who don’t come back.

Patti, welcome to the group and congrats on the improvements you have already made and are still working towards. If something like that happens again with the cold water, try first if you can to just sit in the water and put your face in and out until the gun goes off to help acclimate yourself. If you can't do that, and in most races you can't, then once you feel it hit flip over on your back and back stroke for a little bit until you start to warm up and then flip over and slowly alternate putting your face down. For some reason being cold takes our breath away and then when our faces submerse in the cold water it just makes it 1000 times worse. Congrats on going back and slaying that dragon!!!!
2015-02-07 9:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

As for training,

Nicole

You are absolutely right, stick to the plan and you will be ready
2015-02-07 9:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

As for training,

Nicole

You are absolutely right, stick to the plan and you will be ready
2015-02-07 9:09 PM
in reply to: Lizfuze

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Lizfuze

I am very new to this I would like to be a part of your group. I'm starting my 22 week training tomorrow. My name is Liz

Welcome to the group Liz, we are glad to have you.

2015-02-07 9:41 PM
in reply to: #5078752

User image

Suzzie471:
Thanks so much for your kind words of welcome and encouragement!
2015-02-07 9:47 PM
in reply to: #5091546

User image

Everyone:
From looking at the previous posts it looks like there are several of us turtles who are doing Michael Pate's 22 week sprint program.
I just finished week 1 day 6. I wonder who all is doing this program and where in it they are? Maybe we could encourage each other. (Of course we can encourage each other regardless. I guess that's pretty much the whole point ?)
2015-02-07 10:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Transitions and Set up
Ok, so Bill asked and I'm sure that others are curious about how race morning set up and transitions will go, so here is a brief overview.

First off and probably the most important, Get everything you will use, wear, and need for race day all together in a single location the night before the race. Your mind will be going 90 to nothing on race morning and the last thing you need to be doing is putting everything together and stressing about what you may or may not have forgotten or need, do all of that the night before. For example, I will put my bike against the wall with my helmet attached. I will have my water bottles with drink powder already in the cages of my bike (i will fill them with cold water in the morning and if I forget the race location always has water so no big deal if I forget but I never have. Beside my bike, I will have my tri shorts, tri top, socks, shoes (both running and bike - i attach my shoes to the bike usually), my race belt, race watch, and race belt with bib already attached if I was able to check in the night before. I will also put whatever fuel / food I am going to need or want with everyting. Now when I wake up I only have to worry about getting dressed and getting everything out the door. Ok, so now you are up, you will put on your tri suit or tri top and shorts, socks, you will wear, and your running shoes. You should not be carrying in much other than your bike and the other small items when you walk out the door (you can place all the other stuff in a small bag if you want to)

So you will show up and will check in if you haven't already. You will then wait in a line outside of transition where you will be body marked and your bike will be quickly inspected (basic brake / shifting check - so make sure you know all is good before that day) They will then let you into the transition area, but understand that it is you and only you that will be allowed into the transition area. Family and Friends can be just outside of it but never inside the area unless some emergency dictates otherwise. So you make be directed towards a specific bike race location and it may be first come first serve, if it is try to get a spot that you know you will easily be able to find when coming in after the swim and bike. OK, so now you have your assigned spot or have picked your spot. Each tri is different some want you to rack your bike by the seat, some by the handle bars, some anyway you want it. The way it is racked / what they want will also dictate where you put your stuff, most of mine have been to the right of the bike, but I've had it on the left and during my Half Ironman in Galveston they wanted it under your rear tire that was off the ground for space issues. So now, you will place your down the items you will need and what works best for you. I usually bring a small towel, which is at the very bottom with my sock on it. Just above that I will put may cycling shoes and just above that will be my running shoes. I will place my race belt with bib on which every pair of shoes it has to be worn in (some want it on during the bike and run, some just the run) I usually put it on before the bike either way, so it is done. I will also place a water bottle by my shoes in case I want a quick drink in transition. So with all that set up, I will place my helmet on my aero bars with the open side up and my sunglasses inside it.

Alright, so now you are 15 minutes or so from the start of the race and they WILL tell everyone to get out of transition, you need to have everything done by this point. So now you go to the swim location (i walk bare foot, but you can wear sandles and throw them to a family member) So you do your swim and run into transition. I quickly dry my feet with the towel, put on my socks, cycling shoes, race belt / bib, helmet, and sunglass, grab the bike and gone (usually around a minute or so depending on transition area size). So now you do your ride portion (they will have a mount and dismount line - you can not get on your bike before it going out and must be off the bike before passing it coming in). I come in rack my bike, take off my helmet and place it in my area, cycling shoes off, running shoes on, and out the transition area for the run portion until the finish line. You will be allowed back into transition after the race, but they will not allow you to take out your bike / items until pretty much the last participant has finished the bike portion (safety issue)

Now some little tips, I always put on sunblock before the race even starts if I know it is going to be sunny. Nothing sucks the life out of you like your skin being cooked slowly. I have even applied a second coat after the bike portion in both of my Half Ironman races. Another biggie and don't laugh is Toilet Paper. Take a roll with you, both men and women. The porta potties always run out of toilet paper and those lines will be none exisistant. If you have a time clock stomach great, but if you have a nervous stomach and I do, take some TP with you. I don't care around a roll I just put it in my bag and will pocket what I will need when I go.

I know that I have forgot some things, so please ask and I will be more than happy to elaborate and answer about anything I missed.

Below is a pic of pre race night clothing set up, the bag is where I put everything to carry that morning (it hold my helmet, cycling shoes, water, food, and anything else I may need) I put it in the car when everything is set up and bring it back to pack up. This kind of bag is not necessary, and this one is actually to big, I want a smaller one that I can leave in transition. The smaller black IM bag just happened to be in the picture.

Edited by Hunting Triathlete 2015-02-07 10:39 PM

(Pre Race Night.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Pre Race Night.JPG (135KB - 3 downloads)
2015-02-07 11:35 PM
in reply to: #5091548

I'm so excited to be a turtle!

NAME: Laura

STORY: I've played sports my entire life (soccer & basketball mostly), including tennis in college. Since graduating, I always do one new athletic event each year. I've done a couple marathons, halfs, duathlon, cycling events, open water swims but never a triathlon. This is the year!

FAMILY STATUS: married for 5 years to Jon, who I've known since high school. We have two kids: Noah, 2 1/2 and Grace, 3 weeks (pass the coffee!)

CURRENT TRAINING: Starting Monday, February 9, my goal is to start the 20 week sprint tri 2x balanced program.

2014 RACES: Helvetia Half Marathon

2015 RACES: Lake Oswego Lake Run, Black Butte Tri

WEIGHTLOSS: I have 50 pounds of baby weight that need to get the heck out of here. I can't wait to look like myself again.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: Growing up playing team sports was my life so I'm a big cheerleader and love to celebrate others' accomplishments. I also respond really well to being yelled at or friendly encouragement.
2015-02-08 8:00 AM
in reply to: #5091559

Here is some background on me

I grew up with 4 brothers always part of a team, swimming, volleyball, gymnastics, track.... I was never great just ok but part of a team

I am the Big 50 this is my year. I am married, 20 years have 4 children and work full time

I have completed 4 mini marathons. Several 5k and 10k's. I don't like the distance of the mini. So my thought was I would like and could do a sprint

I want to lose about 15 lbs. for my health, knees, and the idea of bring an active grandma in the future

I am planning to use the Michael pates 22 week training. I am planning to start tomorrow ( I have a nasty cold, cough, and laryngitis ) but god willing I may even start today at the Y with the swimming and walking

I don't own a racing bike yet. I have an old huffy with a basket

I look forward to being part of this group (team) I work well that way. I am addicted to my fitbit, garmen, and myfitness pal. App

I look forward to all the tips you all have including IS tips. I am not very technology hip

As one of the past readers posted

"Let's make it a great day"

2015-02-08 1:02 PM
in reply to: Lizfuze

User image

FortWayne, Indiana
Originally posted by Lizfuze

Here is some background on me

I grew up with 4 brothers always part of a team, swimming, volleyball, gymnastics, track.... I was never great just ok but part of a team

I am the Big 50 this is my year. I am married, 20 years have 4 children and work full time

I have completed 4 mini marathons. Several 5k and 10k's. I don't like the distance of the mini. So my thought was I would like and could do a sprint

I want to lose about 15 lbs. for my health, knees, and the idea of bring an active grandma in the future

I am planning to use the Michael pates 22 week training. I am planning to start tomorrow ( I have a nasty cold, cough, and laryngitis ) but god willing I may even start today at the Y with the swimming and walking

I don't own a racing bike yet. I have an old huffy with a basket

I look forward to being part of this group (team) I work well that way. I am addicted to my fitbit, garmen, and myfitness pal. App

I look forward to all the tips you all have including IS tips. I am not very technology hip

As one of the past readers posted

"Let's make it a great day"

Welcome to the Group Liz!! Sounds like we have a few of the same addictions. I always have my Fitbit and Garmin on and I track everything in MyfitnessPal too
2015-02-08 1:07 PM
in reply to: lauraworz

User image

FortWayne, Indiana
Originally posted by lauraworz

I'm so excited to be a turtle!

NAME: Laura

STORY: I've played sports my entire life (soccer & basketball mostly), including tennis in college. Since graduating, I always do one new athletic event each year. I've done a couple marathons, halfs, duathlon, cycling events, open water swims but never a triathlon. This is the year!

FAMILY STATUS: married for 5 years to Jon, who I've known since high school. We have two kids: Noah, 2 1/2 and Grace, 3 weeks (pass the coffee!)

CURRENT TRAINING: Starting Monday, February 9, my goal is to start the 20 week sprint tri 2x balanced program.

2014 RACES: Helvetia Half Marathon

2015 RACES: Lake Oswego Lake Run, Black Butte Tri

WEIGHTLOSS: I have 50 pounds of baby weight that need to get the heck out of here. I can't wait to look like myself again.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: Growing up playing team sports was my life so I'm a big cheerleader and love to celebrate others' accomplishments. I also respond really well to being yelled at or friendly encouragement.

Hello Laura and Welcome!! You have accomplished so much already that you are going to do great at your first Triathlon! With you being so athletic and active in the past, that baby weight is going to melt right off! Great to have you in the group
2015-02-08 1:59 PM

New user

Suzie,

Patti

Thanks Patti that's a great idea!! By any chance will you be doing it this year? Would love to meet other people

I was not planning on doing that one this year... but as it gets closer.. never know.. might change my mind.
I'm planning on the 3 TRex series in Brighton, MI. They are on a Wed evening one in June, July and August. That way I don't have to commit a weekend, just a couple hours off work to get there in time. What is it with these really early start times anyway? LOL
Patti
2015-02-08 2:49 PM
in reply to: barkncat

User image

FortWayne, Indiana

Suzie,

Patti

I was not planning on doing that one this year... but as it gets closer.. never know.. might change my mind.
I'm planning on the 3 TRex series in Brighton, MI. They are on a Wed evening one in June, July and August. That way I don't have to commit a weekend, just a couple hours off work to get there in time. What is it with these really early start times anyway? LOL
Patti

Patti
I am so with you about the early start times! Why can't they have afternoon ones? Especially for Sprints that do not take all day? The water would be so much warmer to Luckily the BSU sprint that I am doing in April is in the pool and it doesn't start until 11am! Although, I still have about an hour 1/2 drive. When you did the Tri Goddess Tri did you need a wetsuit?

What is the TRex series that you mentioned?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 44

RELATED POSTS

Successful Triathlon Training, by Fred D - OPEN

Started by Fred D
Views: 1133 Posts: 2

2015-01-21 6:28 AM juanjaramillo

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 0
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.

comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.