BT Development Mentor Program Archives » GrooveTime!group - CLOSED!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 276

2010-03-22 7:13 AM
in reply to: #2739331

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: GrooveTime!group - CLOSED!!!

MANDY -

How has the calf been the past few days? Still going to the doc (or is it PT?) today?

2010-03-22 7:42 AM
in reply to: #2739066

User image

Champion

TRACEY -

I'm very sorry I couldn't make it down, but it sounds like you had more than enough to keep you blissfully occupied as it was.

The first TI clinic you attended was exactly as I thought it would be, with very workable groups and attentive instructors. Congratulations on seeming to kick the from-the-knee kick habit so quickly! That is one of my "go-to" technique flaws, and even when I consciously try to kick from the hips, I backslide pretty quickly. I'm not an extreme from-the-knee kicker.....but just enough to help my kick be inefficient. The advice you got on your arms is also excellent, and for most people, correcting arm flaws is not too difficult. Did she memntion or work through the finger-drag drills? They are superb for helping to keep the arms more relaxed, while emphasizing a high elbow (but that's the only part of the arm that is high).

I love and benefit from my Tempo Trainer.....but to emphasize it for a full hour seems a bit much. I guess if what you went to was a Tampo Trainer Clinic brought to you by the good people at Finis, I could see it, but when I think of TI sessions I think lots of hands-on drillwork. Oh well. At least now you know all about Tempo Trainer, and got to get in another hour of swimming!

You are going to do really well at your race swims, Tracey!

The Chi clinic sounds like the one I attended in '04, and from your comments you listened and learned well. (Have you always been a "quick study"?) I'm sure they told you to not expect dramatic change overnight, and to that I will just add that you should pay attention to your calves as you work through this - they may complain about the change! Chi/Pose/Newton techniques require more work from the calves -- but your knees and hips will love you to pieces once you get the hang of it. (As for the calves.....they'll come around! )

Was one of the first-timers guys Jason Gootman? I can't remember his partner's name, but they presented at a USAT coches clinic a few years ago and were outstanding (although I can't remember their topic; VO2 max, maybe?). So if they were your presenters, you probably got the full nine yards of pertinent info. And even if it was two entirely different other people, it still sounds from your comments that it was all very valuable to you!

A race belt! Another one of the universe's great inventions! That, along with the BodyGlide, and you've got the bulk of the Absolutely Essential Gear!

By gel bottle, do you mean a little flask? They're the kinds of things that people will put in fuel belts, but seeing as how I've never used a fule belt I can't comment on that. But I have done a bunch of races in which I have carried a flask in my hands, and that is a pretty good option to individual gel packs. And as I usually do this when I am racing longer stuff, and when I race longer I wear tri shorts with mesh pockets on the sides, I can also put the flask in a pocket. Pretty good things, those flasks!

Signed up for Escape yet? Onset Or Bust!!

2010-03-22 8:27 AM
in reply to: #2739510

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
stevebradley - 2010-03-22 8:13 AM MANDY - How has the calf been the past few days? Still going to the doc (or is it PT?) today?

Calf kind of stinks, it was great on Tuesday for a 5 miler, then when I went for 8 on Thursday, I only made it 2 and it was like someone was stabbing my calf (down low this time - a new spot! GREAT.) with a knife, sharp and strong pain (7 on a 10 scale)- so came back.  It throbbed when I came back and iced it (4 on a 10), and still throbs now (2-3 on a 10).  It had been fine up till then, I am not sure what happened.

I missed a 12 miler yesterday because it hurts to run on still - biking doesn't bother it at all, so I went for an extra bike ride this week (I got to go outside!) to hopefully help make up for it somewhat.  I am worried about the marathon (getting enough miles in to be ready), but am not going to pull the plug just yet - it got better once, I believe (hope) it can again.  I know I can cover the distance (see Goofy Challenge Debacle - if I finished that, I can finish anything) but was hoping to PR this one because there is so little uphill.  I want that marathon, I trained outside in the cold and sleet and snow, and now it is nice and I can't run! GRRR...BUT - I want Timberman more so....we will see.

PT today, my doc refuses to refer me to a sports doc Yell and I am going through the motions to change Dr's (she thinks I should just stay off of it, stop running, not do anything because she doesn't do anything...) But it seems to take so much time to just get to the type of Dr I want.  It makes me so mad!!!

Probably a longer answer than you were looking for!  Sorry...I am a bit frustrated with this thing that I refuse to call the "i" word.

Cheers,
Mandy
2010-03-22 8:31 AM
in reply to: #2559115

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
Tracey-

Let us know when you register for Escape the Cape!  Sounds like a great one!  DO IT!

Thanks for the awesome report on the Expo too - I wish I could have gone. Your report made it like I was there, almost...

CHeers!
Mandy
2010-03-22 9:13 AM
in reply to: #2739308

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carver, Massachusetts
stevebradley - 2010-03-21 11:05 PM

So, as for Escape The Cape --- DO IT!!

DONE! (Didn't take much to talk me into it).

A laughing father and sadistic doctor?? Oh my... I wonder if we all have traumatic events from our childhoods that make us want to become triathletes.

Tracey

2010-03-22 9:27 AM
in reply to: #2739570

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carver, Massachusetts
stevebradley - 2010-03-22 8:42 AM

TRACEY -

I'm very sorry I couldn't make it down, but it sounds like you had more than enough to keep you blissfully occupied as it was.

SteveB:

No worries about not making it down.

I think I'm going to pick up one of those Tempo Trainers now that I've had the experience of using one. I like how it keeps the stroke rhythm nice and smooth. And it really is perfect for working on that elongation and glide.

We didn't do the finger drag drills in the first clinic but I'm familiar with it. It's funny, I had no idea I was lifting my arms too high. In fact I assumed that I was doing it perfectly correct!

One thing I noticed when I started kicking from the hips is that my legs got tired pretty fast. I need to figure out a way to kick from the hips without doing it so vigorously that I get tired right off the bat. Maybe some drills can help me with that.

I really enjoyed the Chi Running clinic. I may contact the lead instructor and set up a private session or two once I've finished the book, if I like the technique and feel I need a bit more coaching. His name is Ryan Miller and he was apparently coached himself by Danny Dreyer. He's also a yoga instructor.

Yes, one of the guys doing the first-timers talk was Jason Gootman. The other guy was Will Kirousis. I really enjoyed their presentation. At first I was like, ugh, a 2-hour presentation... But it flew by because it was really informative and enjoyable.

Yes, the gel bottle is a little flask that apparently you squeeze the energy gels into? I can't see I'll be needing those for any sprint races, but maybe in the future....?

Glad I picked up the race belt. I normally would not have really considered it but Will mentioned that it's a handy thing to have, especially if you're one of those people who tends to drop/fumble with the little safety pins. (That's me!)

I can't wait to get my bike and start doing some swim/T1/bike practices! I'm going to set up my little practice transition area in the back of my car, then take the bike out on the roads around the gym. Should be interesting!

Tracey

2010-03-22 9:28 AM
in reply to: #2739681

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carver, Massachusetts
manfarr1974 - 2010-03-22 9:31 AM

Tracey-

Let us know when you register for Escape the Cape!  Sounds like a great one!  DO IT!

Thanks for the awesome report on the Expo too - I wish I could have gone. Your report made it like I was there, almost...

CHeers!
Mandy

Signed up!

2010-03-22 10:41 AM
in reply to: #2737592

User image

smarx - 2010-03-20 1:47 PM SteveA,

Thanks for the history lesson on your tri-career! Very interesting. I'm half way between scared and ambitious that I'm falling into tri's being somewhat life changing. I'm thouroughly enjoying all of the indoors training and learning as much as I have and going to the local tri seminars / exhibitions.

Heh, well, that's the great thing.  If you fall in love with it, it will change a lot in life, and I think for the good for most.  If not, then not, there are other passions in life for sure!

Hopefully, with the warm weather comes a reward for all the indoor training.

2010-03-22 10:43 AM
in reply to: #2737906

User image

lufferly - 2010-03-20 6:22 PM WOW, way to much going on around here! It has been a really tough week ... my mother fell early Thursday morning and fractured four ribs, just in time for me stepfather to start his chemo on Friday. OIY!  I've been able to keep up with my training but have felt like a slug all week, and wondering if I should back off from level 3 down to level 2 (ha, or level 1).  Next week is a recovery week, so I'll see how it goes after that.  Hoping to get a 5 or 6 mile run in tomorrow, although the plan is only 40 minutes.

DIANE, sorry about your race but we got that same weather around 10 am this morning, so know what it was like!  Was planning on a run but opted for a swim and bike at the gym, and will get my run in tomorrow (back in the 30s).

STEVE B, way to commit, and get signed up for your first tri of the season!  When exactly is it?

MANDY, sorry to hear about the calf pain.  Hoping things get better quickly for you.

DENISE, hope that your stepfather is recovering.  My mom is now worried that her fall is the beginning of her "decline", and I've had to assure her that she has a lot on her plate right now.  AND way to get out with the clipless pedals ... I've got to get on that soon!

STEVE A, how is the cold?  Hopefully your 2nd St. George trial is going well.  Looking forward to a report.  Thought you were going to stay off those IM forums and just keep with us for the positive thinking!

TRACY, great swim AND run breakthroughs!  Funny, I was thinking the same thing during my swim this morning ... "this is getting harder instead of easier" ... UGH!  but you did great.  Hope the expo went well, and I'm going to keep that circle thing in mind tomorrow during my run.

ANNE, guess someone was trying to tell you that you needed a little break?!  I am so fortunate where I swim.  Lots of times I'm the only one in the pool, occasionallyl there will be a couple more people in different lanes but not very often. 

M, way to adjust and still get a good training in at the gym!  I think I would have just said "to heck with it"!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  Stay HEALTHY!

Lisa

Lisa, Sorry to hear about your mom and the timing with chemo.  I will be thinking good thoughts for them.  Hopefully, your sessions will afford you an outlet to vent and process.  All the best! 
2010-03-22 10:49 AM
in reply to: #2739833

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
thall0672 - 2010-03-22 10:28 AM
manfarr1974 - 2010-03-22 9:31 AM Tracey-

CHeers!
Mandy

Signed up!

YEAH! Congrats!

2010-03-22 10:57 AM

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
I was looking for a place to go for my calf, and found one, along with discovering there is going to be an Endurance Sports Expo in Portland, ME this weekend - AND I happen to be open, so I am going.  Pretty psyched.  Not sure if anyone is close or not, but here are the details just in case:

http://www.orthoassociates.com/LP10/pc_spec_events.php

ALSO - a good story.  Well, good for me.  I biked this weekend with a friend of mine who is known for kicking my butt on a bike, especially early season.  OK, all season.  She rides and watches movies through the winter (so no interval training, just time in the seat), and this year I did Spinnervals consistently 2-3x/week.  We rode together this weekend, and for the first time ever, she was chasing me!   We have a friendly competition, which she wins 99.9% of the time.  Now I have a target on my back! ha

Cheers,
Mandy

2010-03-22 12:43 PM

User image

Wow, lots of stuff happening on the board this weekend.  Sounds like most everyone is on the move in one way or another! 

Tough weekend.  First, my Jayhawks choke.  I had a feeling that was going to happen.  Just no killer instinct.  They say of the 2008 national championship team that they loved to really beat down an opponent, really enjoyed making other teams look bad.  This year's team - just didn't have that killer instinct.  Figured that they could rely on natural ability to pull them through, and would "turn it on" when they needed it.  Well, because I am IM obsessed right now, I'm trying to apply that lesson to preparation - don't assume that I can pull it out in the end - gotta stay focused and do the work.

Speaking of which - what a rough weekend.

Went for a run on Friday - first time since coming up lame on Tuesday, and felt relatively terrible.  Stride was all disjointed, though the hammy didn't really bother me...until about 2 hours after the run.  Back to limping around.

Saturday was travel day, and I was hobbling like crazy.  Very tender hamstring - down low near the knee.  Though I'm encouraged by the fact that the more I move it, the better it feels.  I don't know why that makes me feel better - I guess because if it were really messed up, more movement would make it hurt more?  I'm kind of dense that way.

Sunday!  Fell well short of the goal of 80 mile ride and 13 mile run.  Ride went OK.  Leg was VERY tender - was hobbling around badly on Saturday, but figured I'd give it a go on Sunday.  Started out not able to really accelerate in the saddle - anything other than direct downward pedal pressure hurt (couldn't execute full push/pull circles).  After about 30 minutes, it started to loosen up and by the time we did the initial climb out of T1, it was feeling OKish.  My friend Jason said I looked very good on that climb - I dropped him about 1/4 of the way up and he was unable to match my cadence, so that was encouraging.  The loop became another story.  Just to recap, there are 4 meaningful climbs in the loop, 2 before the killer, and one after.  All 4 were much more difficult than last time.  Could have been the leg - but I think it is more that we were moving too slowly and weren't attacking as much as we should have been.  It'll be an interesting game of pacing - I think, for me, I have to be moving fast enough to be engaged and aggressive on the course, but slow enough not to blow up.  I think we got a little lethargic and it cost us. 

The big hill hurt me this time - much more than the first ride.  Could be that we had 30+ more miles on the legs at that point.  Could have been the right leg.  Who knows.  I'm seriously considering now a 27 or 28 cassette.  Heh.

Run - didn't really happen.  Got in about 2 miles before having to shut it down.  Jason could tell I was in distress with the leg, and shut me down.  He's a good friend.  Walked back to the cars and called it a day.  By the time I got home to LA, Maggie had to help me from the car.  Once I'm moving on it, it loosens up, but getting going is tough.  Just icing and resting now.

So, all the plans are changing!
Still going to toe the line at Showdown - I don't think the bike can hurt the leg (at least not based on this past weekend), and the swim should be a non-factor.  I just have to be able to shut down the run if it gives me trouble.  I will not run this week at all.  Just swim and bike.  Ice and Elevate. 

Lessons learned from the weekend training:
1)  Bike Pacing - pacing is still king, but again, with the terrain, I feel that if you go too soft, it's too hard to pick up the intensity when it's needed.  There will be a balance needed here - can't quite hammer the flats, but you need to be somewhat aggressive because when the hills come up, you need to have some momentum - both in terms of speed and also the legs need to be firing - can't wait until half way up the hill to get them going.
2)  Elevation and the mental game - given the elevation and what are truly terrible road conditions on the downhill into the second loop and then T2, it is going to be a real mental game to keep spirits up at times.  On the descent into T2 area yesterday, we were buffeted by crosswinds and the road seemed rougher - the chip seal seams SEEMED more pronounced and there was no way I was getting aero on the descent.  Assuming no improvement on the road conditions, that descent into the second loop and then T2 will not leave people as fresh as they might otherwise think.  This trip made me fully appreciate the elevation. I got home and checked the road course and run course to the training rides and runs, and I can fairly say that my training courses are harder.  They are steeper and longer than what IMSG is hitting us with.  But at the same time, I'm performing much, much better on the training rides here in LA.  I am realizing that the elevation is the X-Factor and there's not much I can do at this point to accommodate for it other than get my head right going into the race.  We only ran 2 miles, but from the start the lungs were burning and I had to have the conversation with myself to keep my head straight: "Your lungs are tired, not your legs - slow down the pace, get control of your breathing.  You are not tired, you are oxygen deprived.  Ignore the legs and focus on breathing." 

I think that will  be the key to success.  Or, a portable oxygen tank!  LOL.
2010-03-22 1:03 PM
in reply to: #2739277

User image

Veteran
Mason City, IA
stevebradley - 2010-03-21 9:41 PM

MARK -

How is your Mall of Ammerica recovery going? You have to tell Shannon that nothing you have ever done has been more intense than a 13-hour round trip to MofA. Nothing!

I'm telling ya, that MOA trip kicked my butt - well, my knees actually. I still had no giddyup in my step even yesterday for my run. My hat's off to those of you who have jobs where you are on your feet all day and then are still able to train!
Mark
2010-03-22 1:15 PM
in reply to: #2739830

User image

Veteran
Mason City, IA
thall0672 - 2010-03-22 9:27 AM
I think I'm going to pick up one of those Tempo Trainers now that I've had the experience of using one. I like how it keeps the stroke rhythm nice and smooth. And it really is perfect for working on that elongation and glide.

We didn't do the finger drag drills in the first clinic but I'm familiar with it. It's funny, I had no idea I was lifting my arms too high. In fact I assumed that I was doing it perfectly correct!

One thing I noticed when I started kicking from the hips is that my legs got tired pretty fast. I need to figure out a way to kick from the hips without doing it so vigorously that I get tired right off the bat. Maybe some drills can help me with that.
Tracey

Tracey
FWIW, I use a tempo trainer for my swim sets that are, essentially, all the same pace and really like it. I can tell at the end that it is keeping me honest with my pacing.
As for the kick, be sure you are driving your hip down and finishing the rotation/hip drive with the kick from the hip. TI strokes are really driven from the hips & core. Did they have you practice a 2-beat kick? When I get into a 2 beat rhythm (groove) with the hip drive I really notice the glide.
Mark
2010-03-22 2:20 PM
in reply to: #2739672

User image

manfarr1974 - 2010-03-22 6:27 AM
stevebradley - 2010-03-22 8:13 AM MANDY - How has the calf been the past few days? Still going to the doc (or is it PT?) today?

Calf kind of stinks, it was great on Tuesday for a 5 miler, then when I went for 8 on Thursday, I only made it 2 and it was like someone was stabbing my calf (down low this time - a new spot! GREAT.) with a knife, sharp and strong pain (7 on a 10 scale)- so came back.  It throbbed when I came back and iced it (4 on a 10), and still throbs now (2-3 on a 10).  It had been fine up till then, I am not sure what happened.

I missed a 12 miler yesterday because it hurts to run on still - biking doesn't bother it at all, so I went for an extra bike ride this week (I got to go outside!) to hopefully help make up for it somewhat.  I am worried about the marathon (getting enough miles in to be ready), but am not going to pull the plug just yet - it got better once, I believe (hope) it can again.  I know I can cover the distance (see Goofy Challenge Debacle - if I finished that, I can finish anything) but was hoping to PR this one because there is so little uphill.  I want that marathon, I trained outside in the cold and sleet and snow, and now it is nice and I can't run! GRRR...BUT - I want Timberman more so....we will see.

PT today, my doc refuses to refer me to a sports doc Yell and I am going through the motions to change Dr's (she thinks I should just stay off of it, stop running, not do anything because she doesn't do anything...) But it seems to take so much time to just get to the type of Dr I want.  It makes me so mad!!!

Probably a longer answer than you were looking for!  Sorry...I am a bit frustrated with this thing that I refuse to call the "i" word.

Cheers,
Mandy

Mandy, I feel your pain!  Sounds like it's time for a new Doc!  I wish they had profiles on the healthcare sites that let me see, "oh, this doc is an avid runner, he/she will understand!" 
2010-03-22 3:50 PM
in reply to: #2738206

User image

Veteran
, Louisiana
Steve,

I downloaded the PDF for TI off their website and have been looking over it. I'm somewhat familiar with the glide concept, but more so for the breaststroke and resting backstroke, so I'll try that for my freestyle and see how it goes. Doesn't it slow you down, though? As in, takes longer to complete a length?

I've also been looking at group classes at the local rec center, but the description of the class doesn't leave me with much confidence in the quality of instruction. It seems more like an intro to swimming, which I already know how to do, rather than a perfecting of technique. It seems pretty cheap though for five classes, so I may just try it out and see how it goes. The alternative is a private lesson, but I don't think I need that much fine-tuning quite yet. Any thoughts?

Kasia

2010-03-22 4:12 PM
in reply to: #2741153

User image

Veteran
, Louisiana
Steve again,

The Fitz plan for Olys calls for a sprint in week 12. Luckily, there's one around here (about 20 minutes away...awesome!) that falls on that particular weekend: May 23 to be exact. http://www.withoutlimits.com/detail.php?id=summeropen/>
It seems like a small-ish race (about 400 participants, I think) but it also has a reputation for being fast. At least that's the word on the street. It'd be nice to get a "practice" tri in before the Lake to Lake Oly in June and also to see what my fitness is like at the time. BUT, I could just as easily do a brick workout (also per Fitz) instead of a full-blown tri. Mostly, I don't like the 3 x 4-mile bike loop nor do I like being lapped by Colorado triathletes. It's gonna be slightly intimidating. And possibly embarrassing. And discouraging. As you can see, I prefer to get lost in the crowd of larger events. But it'd also be nice to practice transitions and see what doing a tri is really like. I'm just not convinced about it quite yet and would like some advice on this matter (sorry for the discouraging posts today...it's been that kind of Monday).

Kasia
2010-03-22 4:18 PM
in reply to: #2740114

User image

manfarr1974 - 2010-03-22 8:57 AM I was looking for a place to go for my calf, and found one, along with discovering there is going to be an Endurance Sports Expo in Portland, ME this weekend - AND I happen to be open, so I am going.  Pretty psyched.  Not sure if anyone is close or not, but here are the details just in case:

http://www.orthoassociates.com/LP10/pc_spec_events.php

ALSO - a good story.  Well, good for me.  I biked this weekend with a friend of mine who is known for kicking my butt on a bike, especially early season.  OK, all season.  She rides and watches movies through the winter (so no interval training, just time in the seat), and this year I did Spinnervals consistently 2-3x/week.  We rode together this weekend, and for the first time ever, she was chasing me!   We have a friendly competition, which she wins 99.9% of the time.  Now I have a target on my back! ha

Cheers,
Mandy

That's so AWESOME!  Nothing like showing up and kicking some butt!
2010-03-22 5:39 PM
in reply to: #2740114

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carver, Massachusetts
manfarr1974 - 2010-03-22 11:57 AM

/>

Cheers,
Mandy

Yay! Congratulations.

2010-03-22 5:41 PM
in reply to: #2740527

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carver, Massachusetts
TriD64 - 2010-03-22 2:15 PM

thall0672 - 2010-03-22 9:27 AM

Tracey

Tracey
FWIW, I use a tempo trainer for my swim sets that are, essentially, all the same pace and really like it. I can tell at the end that it is keeping me honest with my pacing.
As for the kick, be sure you are driving your hip down and finishing the rotation/hip drive with the kick from the hip. TI strokes are really driven from the hips & core. Did they have you practice a 2-beat kick? When I get into a 2 beat rhythm (groove) with the hip drive I really notice the glide.
Mark

Thanks Mark.

We didn't do any 2-beat kicks. Not sure what that is - I'll have to google it.

Tracey

2010-03-22 5:52 PM
in reply to: #2737632

User image

Veteran
, Louisiana
Shaun,

You rock! I checked out the Wikipedia site and, along with your description and ski/snowboard analogy (I did learn to ski first, then switched to snowboarding with step-in bindings and am now using traditional strap-ins...so essentially I have all the bases covered ), I kinda sorta now know the difference. The next step is deciding which ones I'd like to get with my tri shoes and spiffy new road bike (this decision is the last thing holding me back from actually purchasing the thing). I'll ask the LBS guy for his recommendation/comments, because I have absolutely no preference right now. Although it would be nice to be able to run with them in transitions.

And about the 105 drivetrain, I've also been told that it'd be easier to upgrade to higher-end components down the line. That, and it'd also be easier to switch out wheels with another racer (probably for the same reason...9/10 cog compatibility), although I don't know how often I'll be doing that. But the option is still there. And I like having options

That's pretty generous of your LBS guy to show you what you can buy off e-Bay. Maybe at some point I'll get comfortable doing it that way, but for now I'm too new to the sport. At least that's how I justify buying new for now. Hopefully it's the right decision...

2010-03-22 5:58 PM
in reply to: #2741153

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
augeremt - 2010-03-22 4:50 PM Steve,

I downloaded the PDF for TI off their website and have been looking over it. I'm somewhat familiar with the glide concept, but more so for the breaststroke and resting backstroke, so I'll try that for my freestyle and see how it goes. Doesn't it slow you down, though? As in, takes longer to complete a length?

Steve B might be able to say more on this - At first, it may slow you down - but you become more efficient, less tired, and eventually, faster.  So yes and no. Ha.

As far as gliding, there shouldn't be a "stop" to your stroke when you glide...so you don't ride it out, no dead spots.  So you don't stroke, GLIIIDDE, Stoke, GLIIDE...but you become more fish like...check out this animation - I want to swim like this guy:
http://www.swimsmooth.com/

Hope it helps...

Mandy
2010-03-22 6:06 PM
in reply to: #2741394

User image

Veteran
, Louisiana
manfarr1974 - 2010-03-22 4:58 PM

Steve B might be able to say more on this - At first, it may slow you down - but you become more efficient, less tired, and eventually, faster.  So yes and no. Ha.

As far as gliding, there shouldn't be a "stop" to your stroke when you glide...so you don't ride it out, no dead spots.  So you don't stroke, GLIIIDDE, Stoke, GLIIDE...but you become more fish like...check out this animation - I want to swim like this guy:
http://www.swimsmooth.com/

Hope it helps...

Mandy

Ahh...Eureka! Makes so much more sense. Thanks, Mandy!
2010-03-22 8:11 PM
in reply to: #2741394

Regular
Nebraska

Edited by midlifeinsanity 2010-05-25 7:19 PM
2010-03-22 8:30 PM

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
YEAH Mr Smooth is the MAN!

You can download the console for free and change up his speed and rotate him around.  It has helped me a lot-glad it helped you!

Cheers,
Mandy
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » GrooveTime!group - CLOSED!!! Rss Feed  

of 276