BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Steph's Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 15

2011-04-11 3:41 PM
in reply to: #3440511

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Steph's Group - CLOSED

OK, it sounds like maybe the inspire route is the way to go. 

However, here is the deal - if you have not already "friended" the other ladies in the group (and me), please go ahead and do it so that it is easy to inspire each other.  You can also have BT show you a feed of your friends' blogs (like Google reader) so that you don't have to click back and forth to your page to see everyone. 

Or, you can just hop from log to log if we are all on each other's friend lists - that is what I do.  I start at Becky (aureua) because she is at the top and hop down to the next name until I've checked on everyone.

Some days, just knowing that my buddies are going to see my log makes me get up so that I can put something on my graph or so I can put a funny story in my blog. 

So, knowing that we are all here to inspire each other or kick each other in the bum if we fall off of the wagon will be helpful.  And if you don't put anything in your log, we will inspire you.  And if nothing happens, I will message you.  Over and over.

I have some news, though.  Remember ssmith12 (Stephanie)?  She posted once in the thread and disappeared?  Well, we've been corresponding via pmail and she ran her first 5K this weekend!  And she had such a good time training that she is already signed up to do a 10K.  : ) Way to go, Stephanie!

2011-04-12 2:58 PM
in reply to: #3265665

User image

Apex, NC

I'm bummed that we won't have open discussion forum - where will I get new recipes? Or moose sightings? Or hydration updates?   Nonetheless I look forward to keeping up with everyone via inspires. 

Glad to hear that so many folks are healing and getting back in the swing.  And congratulations to Stephanie!  Nothing like a race to make you want to race.  (I guess I need to do one).  Hopefully getting a new bike this week.  Anybody have experience with Quintana Roo?  I rode a demo last week and liked it.

Who ran hills last week?  (i didn't). 

Jennifer 

2011-04-18 11:15 AM
in reply to: #3265665

Veteran

Hey ladies!  I know that we've been archived but I just wanted you all to know that I had my first race this season and it was great!  It was the race that I've been freaking out about for a long time - RAce to Robie Creek - a HM, and it wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  The uphill was slow but in an absolutely gorgeous canyon and my knees took a pounding on the downhill, which was expected.  My biggest problem was nutrition - I drank a full cup of water and ate a couple of shot bloks right before the down hill and then the sloshing water gave me horrible stomach cramps.  I was so proud of myself for not walking on the uphill that it sucked that I had to walk a short distance on the downhill - the easy part!  I finished in 2:09.  On any other HM I would have been disappointed with my time but for this race I'm thrilled.  And now that I know the course, I know that I can shave a few minutes off next year.  But anyway, got to the end, had fun at the party, and promptly fell asleep on the bus back to town. 

This reinforced my decision to not do a HIM - I really need to figure out my nutrition plan better - and so now I'm toying with the idea of a marathon sometime this summer, and a couple of oly tris. 

Hope everyone is doing well.  Happy training. 

Elizabeth

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Steph's Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 15