General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ladies - Running Pants/Tights - need recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-01-03 11:41 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Longview
Subject: Ladies - Running Pants/Tights - need recommendations
Ladies - what brand of running pants/tights are you wearing that you like??? Also, can you tell me where you made the purchase? I am needing some for 1/2 marathon training...weather has been anywhere from 30-45 degrees...sometimes a tad lower in the am. I am on the short side too - 5'1- capris usually fit like crop pants...regular pants are sometimes just too long. I appreciate your input. I have not had chaffing issues, but have JUST started running distances over 6 miles.

2008-01-03 1:23 PM
in reply to: #1130872

User image

Elite
Cheesehead, WI
Subject: RE: Ladies - Running Pants/Tights - need recommendations

These worked for me. Warm, comfy and no hot spots. I have running pants but because they are pretty loose, chafing was an issue with longer times out running. Tights seem to work out fine. I just wear longer tops to cover my tush a bit.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/237,84141_Lowe-Alpine-Zeitgeist-Tights-For-Women.html

2008-01-03 8:14 PM

I am short (5'2") and have the same problem with tights. I bought a pair of Sugoi Flare tights from sportsbasement.com and had to get them hemmed! How pathetic, but they are great. I love the Adidas tights I picked up last year at Sports Authority because they are lightweight fleece-lined and stay dry.
2008-01-03 8:44 PM

User image

Master
Flagstaff and Phoenix, AZ
eBay! You can get some screaming deals on sports apparel there. I have all kinds of tights and pants and have run in 25 degree windy weather. I'm 5'10" and wear a medium in most brands. The ones I found to be quit short are North Face fleece tights and anything by Brooks. Mizuno and Nike tights fit me perfectly and are my favorites (I have a 32" inseam). I also like the slightly loose-fitting adidas ones I got for $9.99 (new with tags!). Just run a search with your parameters on eBay and monitor it for a few weeks. You'll figure out what the deals are. It's worth your time and can be fun too to win auctions
2008-01-04 3:50 PM

User image

Elite
san francisco
I am 5'1" and love my CW-X pro tights. Right now, I have the 3/4 capri length and they seem good for 40-45F. It doesn't really get colder than that here in No. Cal...but I would imagine the full tights would be great. They have an insulator version too, for colder weather. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon and these have been terrific for the long runs. My legs have never felt better after long runs! 8+ mi. It was worth the 64.95 and I think I went on amazon or bizrate and looked for the best price. No shipping or tax. The fitting chart is pretty true to fit. They don't get bunchy at the knees for us shorties....maybe because they fit soooo tight. But they feel great!

Good luck!
2008-01-04 6:41 PM
in reply to: #1132461

User image

Extreme Veteran
Dallas, TX

SauseEnte - 2008-01-03 8:44 PM eBay! You can get some screaming deals on sports apparel there. I have all kinds of tights and pants and have run in 25 degree windy weather. I'm 5'10" and wear a medium in most brands. The ones I found to be quit short are North Face fleece tights and anything by Brooks. Mizuno and Nike tights fit me perfectly and are my favorites (I have a 32" inseam). I also like the slightly loose-fitting adidas ones I got for $9.99 (new with tags!). Just run a search with your parameters on eBay and monitor it for a few weeks. You'll figure out what the deals are. It's worth your time and can be fun too to win auctions

I second eBay, provided you go try on a bunch of pair in the store to figure out which brands do/don't fit since typically you can't return items purchased on eBay.  Unless it's last minute, I'm all about eBay for bargains.  Hit up the local running store or even sporting goods store as a starting point to find some brands you like.  This sport is expensive, why not get a few deals here and there!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ladies - Running Pants/Tights - need recommendations Rss Feed