Age Group Rank = 84/412
Pre-race routine:

Ate banana and almond butter
Run
  • 48m 11s
  • 4.97 miles
  • 09m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

This year seemed to be better organized. There wasn't as much of a hold up at the start line, and there was no mess of people at the finish either. There was the Broadway hill in the middle, but it didn't seem as horrible as last year, either. Maybe its just that I knew what to expect. There were some really fun runners in our group, The Shamrockers, who kept the mood light and fun. They carried boom boxes and played 80s rock throughout the race, and even passed out donuts and beer part way through the race (which I had a Dixie cup of green beer, but passed on the donuts). My time was WAY better than I expected, too!
What would you do differently?:

Check my bib before leaving packet pickup.
Post race
Event comments:

One thing that would've made the race more fun, would be more cheering and music stations along the course. There was a big straight away in the middle of the 8k that got a little boring and quiet. But the Shamrockers and other race participants kept the energy fun most of the way through.

The worst part of the whole race was packet pick up the day before. There's so many people and big lines. Also, they ran out of bibs, so I had a 15k bib. The morning of the race I had to find the regestration tent to ask about it, but she told me the story of running out of bibs. It would've been nice if that was better communicated. But all in all, it was a really well-organized, super-fun race!

Last updated: 2008-03-02 12:00 AM
Running
00:48:11 | 04.97 miles | 09m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 84/412
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4