General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Essential week by week training guide by triathlete Magazine Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-31 8:08 AM

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
Subject: Essential week by week training guide by triathlete Magazine
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE BOOK

i just got the book in the mail the other day..... I spent lastnight writing in the times on the OLY 3 and 4 work outs.... as well as the HIM 3-4 times and created a spreadsheed of both of them.

I have currentley been training for 8 weeks and just finished my second week of recovery... of a 20 week schedule. both of the 3 and 4 work of the OLY work outs are 16 weeks and I have been lifting 4-5 days a week (personal Prefrence). my current time for this is week is going to be 190 min of biking, 95 min running, 93 min swimming (4700 meeters)

Should I just jump in to the 5th week of the OLY training for Today?

What do you recomend levle 3 or level 4?
L3 is 130 bike, 75 run, 2800 swim lift 5 days a week
L4 is 150 bike, 140min run, 4,600 meeters lift 3 days a week.

I Have 15 weeks btw the OLY and HIM and the HIM trainng log is 20 weeks... how do you think I should add this in to my plan?

2008-03-31 8:38 AM
in reply to: #1304239

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Essential week by week training guide by triathlete Magazine
I have that book and it really is run to read through all the plans!

1) I would jump into the level four training plan. If I remember correctly those are typically 3x a week workouts with doubles three times a week. Based on your current fitness, you could definitely jump into the plan.

2) The first month of HIM training is all base stuff that you have already gone through. I would find a plan that has similiar mileage at week 5 that you are used to doing and ramp it up from there. Level 3-4 in the HIM is sensible, but you could definitely jump up if you needed to.

Also pay attention to the descriptions for each workout. Just because one week has 4 hours of cycling doesn't necessarily mean it is any harder than you are used to. Fitzgerald is very sensible with every workout and cuts out a lot of unnecessary junk miles. Typically he'll have two moderately hard workouts and a recovery workout every week.

Good luck with your training and enjoy the book!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Essential week by week training guide by triathlete Magazine Rss Feed