General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Parker Rec Spin Classes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-31 11:25 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Centennial, CO
Subject: Parker Rec Spin Classes

So in an effort to motivate my fat @$$ (229# this am), I'm seeking outside influence.  A spin class comes to mind.  Anybody ever do the classes at the Parker Rec Center?  Are they beginner/base level friendly or are they a quasi-hammer-fest?  I'd love to do it but I'd also like to not fall over in the middle of it.

Thanks, Dan

2008-03-31 1:38 PM
in reply to: #1304834

User image

Pro
Parker, CO
Subject: RE: Parker Rec Spin Classes

I've been going to Parker Rec for the past year and doing the morning spin classes.  I think they are very beginner friendly...but they can be pretty hard as well.  Guess that's the beauty of controlling your own resistance on the flywheel.  I'm usually dripping with sweat at the end of the class, so i get a good workout.  This isn't just a characteristic of the Parker spin, but most spin classes I've been to, they really do a lot of shorter interval stuff.  Once I get my heart rate where I want it I tend to just do my own thing.  I don't like bouncing all over the place.

Another thing I do like about the Parker Rec classes, the instructor is not yelling at the top of their lungs during class.  I just don't like anyone in my face that much at 5:30 in the morning!

2008-04-02 7:39 PM
in reply to: #1304834

User image

Parker
Subject: RE: Parker Rec Spin Classes
I like Joanna's class on Saturday morning
Laurie
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Parker Rec Spin Classes Rss Feed