General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike short recommendation needed Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-21 11:18 AM

User image

Expert
St. Paul, MN
Subject: Bike short recommendation needed
A while ago someone mentioned that Performance had their "Century" shorts on sale and that many here on BT liked those shorts. Needing to pinch pennies, I saw that it looked like a good and bought a pair. I found that the pad was a bit thick for my liking, then as I was pulling them on for maybe the fourth or fifth time, a seam ripped.

So I will be returning these shorts but need some new ones. So can anyone recommend a pair of shorts that won't break the bank and doesn't have a really thick pad. I'd like padding a bit thicker than in tri shorts, but not as big as what those were.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by paddle2paddle 2008-04-21 11:19 AM

2008-04-21 11:40 AM
in reply to: #1351504

Monterey Park, CA
Subject: RE: Bike short recommendation needed
You should try their Elite or Ultra shorts. They cost just a LITTLE bit more but I think they are a LOT better IMHO. I started with their Century pads as well and found them too thick as well.

Are you a performance team member as well? Great way to get money back to buy more cool stuff.
2008-04-22 4:22 PM

Vancouver, BC
The fact that bike shorts have padding is a sign that saddles aren't designed properly. I bought a pair of bike shorts with padding to try to make my ride (well my butt) more comfortable. I think it was a mistake... I think if saddles were designed properly, you should be able to ride it comfortably without having to have foam down your pants.
2008-04-22 7:39 PM

New user

Deerfield, IL
I've been wearing bellwether brand shorts for years. Good comfort, very well made
2008-04-23 9:51 AM
in reply to: #1351591

User image

Veteran
Broomfield, Colorado
the rookie - 2008-04-21 10:40 AM

You should try their Elite or Ultra shorts. They cost just a LITTLE bit more but I think they are a LOT better IMHO. I started with their Century pads as well and found them too thick as well.

Are you a performance team member as well? Great way to get money back to buy more cool stuff.

x2. I am riding in Performance Ultra bibs for the first time, and I like them even more than the Pearl Izumi Microsensor bibs I've worn for years, at 1/3 the price. I'm waiting for them to go a bit more on sale to buy a couple more - got them for $49.99 in February (SWEET DEAL), but they're back up to $79.99 now.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike short recommendation needed Rss Feed