General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: Cut down Real Design Carbon Aero Seatpost for Litespeed, QR Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2008-04-24 8:19 AM

New user

Subject: FS: Cut down Real Design Carbon Aero Seatpost for Litespeed, QR

This is a Real Design carbon aero Seatpost. It fits any of the late model Litespeed or QR bikes that use the aero post. I believe that is the Blade from '05 on, the Saber from '06 on, the Lucero and Tiphoon from '05 on, and all of QR tri bikes from '06 on. That includes the late model Kilo's and Tequilo's that come with the aluminum post.

This was on a used bike I bought and the previous owner cut it down to shave weight I suppose. When I raised the saddle to my height, there was not enough left in the frame that I considered safe, so I replaced it. If you don't need much post exposed, this might work for you - could be a nice upgrade for cheap to the aluminum one on some of the QR's. (they charge $175 for these new) The post measures about 6 1/16" from the bottom to the top of the carbon weave section, or about 6 3/4" total height in front. What looks like a crack you see in the picture is just in the clear coat - the actual carbon is structurally fine. (and this part will be in the frame and not visible)

Let me know if you have questions or want more measurements. If interested fire away with an offer.

Real Design Seatpost

Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: Cut down Real Design Carbon Aero Seatpost for Litespeed, QR Rss Feed