General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Searching For a Roof Rack for a Civic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2005-01-06 2:53 AM

User image

Lethbridge AB
Subject: Searching For a Roof Rack for a Civic
Hello and a Happy New Year to all. I am looking for a Thule Roof Rack for my 92 or 91 Civics, I have the bike carriers but I am looking for the bars and attachments for the roof. I beleive what I am after is the 400XT Feet, the cross bars and the short roof adapter. I am a student so I will take what I can get or even ideas on stores in which to get one inexpensively. Thanks for the help and I wish everyone the best in their winter training.
Leigh

2005-01-18 5:27 PM
in reply to: #99523

Regular
Norwalk, CA
Subject: RE: Searching For a Roof Rack for a Civic
Here is a great site... They have great prices... http://www.orsracksdirect.com
I, too, have a 91 civic (hatchback) I got a lot of my pieces off of ebay. It took a couple weeks, but I finally got everything done for about $250 for a yakima bars, 6 locks, towers, clips, and a fairing. with one bike rack attachment. The bars and fairing were used. The rest were new.

I hope this helps!
2005-01-18 5:28 PM

Regular
Norwalk, CA
Oh! and one more thing, I found that Yakima ends up being cheaper than Thule. And you don't need a short roof adapter!
2005-01-19 12:21 PM

User image

Elite Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Would also recommend Yakima over Thule. My husband and I both bought ours at the same time. He got a Thule and I got a Yak. My Yak has held up a lot better than his and I even kept it on the roof year round and he didn't.

Anyway, if you are stuck on Thule then you could always check stores like REI when they have their sales. You can get good prices then. Good luck with your shopping.
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Searching For a Roof Rack for a Civic Rss Feed