General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie that needs Help Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-15 6:47 PM

Subject: Newbie that needs Help
hello my name is Junior and i am a newbie at thriathalon and i want to get some information it is something that i am very interested in and i would like to get some help form you guys that can tell me what kind of bike to start with and how to get started on my training any information that you can give me would be great thank you

2008-05-16 7:39 AM
in reply to: #1405717

User image

Elite
Athens, Georgia
Subject: RE: Newbie that needs Help
Well, first of all Welcome to BT. If you truly are interested in Triathlon there is a ton of valuable information and training tools available on this sight as well as some very experienced people here to help. As for a bike, that is a huge question that I don't think you quite understand the complexities of. It is going to depend on a huge number of factors. What it is going to boil down to though is your commitment to this lifestyle and your budget. Others will be the type and amount of races you are going to do and if you are willing to buy a bike that is used just for triathlon. IE: not also wanting to go offroad and all the likes. I am by far not a master at any of this but have done tons of homework and would give you any insight that I may have gained throughout this process. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. Also do bike searches in the forums, near the upper right corner, and you will find more threads on the topic of picking a bike than you can sit down and read.
2008-05-17 11:16 AM
in reply to: #1405717

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Subject: RE: Newbie that needs Help
Hi Junior,

Welcome to BT!

Congratulations on getting started! BT has some really good training plans. At the top of the screen, click the "Programs tab" to view all the plans.

For information about bikes, you may want to check out the "Gear Reviews" for cycling. (Click the Gear Reviews tab up top.) You can also find a lot of info about bikes in the "Gear Reviews & Questions" forum. Click the "Forums" tab up top, then scroll down to get to that forum.

Good luck and have fun!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie that needs Help Rss Feed