General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anybody running Pearl Izumi's new Seamless Stability Shoe for Sockless Running? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-10 12:00 PM

User image

Subject: Anybody running Pearl Izumi's new Seamless Stability Shoe for Sockless Running?
Saw this promoted as a sockless running shoe for TRIs and wondered if anyone had tried this shoe out.

For the uninformed, its basically a shoe with no seams on the inside (and maybe the outside) of the upper, so... allegedly, no blistering, etc with good fit.

2005-01-10 12:47 PM
in reply to: #101441

Chicago, IL
Subject: RE: Anybody running Pearl Izumi's new Seamless Stability Shoe for Sockless Running?
Pearl Izumi's all running shoes are seamless however they are not promoted for sockless running but I was wondering the samething, if no seams why not?
I even went to thje local store to try one but they were out of my size. Now waiting the new 2005 line up, 2 years ago they had SLR for triathlon running but it was a cushioned racing flat.
2005-01-10 2:30 PM

User image

Subject: RE: Anybody running Pearl Izumi's new Seamless Stability Shoe for Sockless Running?
Gotcha. by promoted I meant their tradeshow team and not print ads.

I compared the inside of the shoe with a recent Nike support shoe and it was noticeably smoother while the Nike seemed to have bulky seams between the toe box and the rear of the shoe.

The exterior of the shoe is noticeably smoother and IMHO is not the most attractive shoe... white with either minimalist colored cording.
2005-02-16 5:48 PM

User image

Veteran
Greenville, NC
I have these shoes.

1. People always complement the way they look. Go figure.
2. You can run without socks. I race in them. I also just wear them for casual wear cause I don't train in them.
3. These are not a great shoe to train in. The have improved the design a great deal since the previous year, but they lack enough mid-sole cushioning to be an everyday trainer.
4. They are light and fairly sturdy. Again, decent race day shoe but not IMO, a good trainer. My podiatrist agrees, suggesting I NEVER run very far in them.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anybody running Pearl Izumi's new Seamless Stability Shoe for Sockless Running? Rss Feed