General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Yay. New treadmill!!! It's on it's way! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-23 10:46 AM

User image

Expert
Decatur
Subject: Yay. New treadmill!!! It's on it's way!

I know that might not be a big deal for some of you vets. But a. sears had it for nearly 40% off b. I've wanted one for 6 months c. it's gonna be critical to my training.

I have gotten some serious time contraints with all I've got going on. But, I refuse to give up my training. So this and a bike trainier will be crucial to my training during the off season and possibly even next year since it looks as though I'll be entering nursing school.

Anyone else have lots of time contraints and it's tough to get outside?

I'm going to try to be dilligent about getting outside for my long runs and rides on the weekend. But everything else is hard to fit in (not including swimming)

yay!!

2008-08-23 3:55 PM
in reply to: #1623025

User image

SC
Subject: RE: Yay. New treadmill!!! It's on it's way!
As boring as it is... My treadmill and trainer pretty much eliminate any excuse I may have about not having time to train (when I'm actually home). I'd much rather be outside but there are days when things just pile up and it's nice to be able to jump on, do my workout and run upstairs to the shower w/o ever leaving the house. My trainer also allows me and my wife to set on our bikes and talk about the day w/o me having to go much slower than I'd prefer when we ride outdoors, or ride up ahead of her and double back. We can both get good workouts in at our own pace and still unwind to each other about the day.

So while they are in no way a replacement for outdoor training for me, they do have their benefits and I couldn't see being albe to train regularly w/o them.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Yay. New treadmill!!! It's on it's way! Rss Feed