General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ragnar relay across florida during marathon training? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-07 12:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zephyrhills, FL
Subject: ragnar relay across florida during marathon training?
ok, so i'll be in week 3 of my 18 week marathon training program next month when my buddy wants me to be on his relay team for the ragnar relay across the state of florida from clearwater to daytona. in my training program for that week, i'll only be logging 15 miles. in the relay, i'll be running 3 different legs in 24 hours with the total mileage of the legs between 11 and 16 depending on which runner i am. my question is which decision should i make?

a. run my 3 weekday runs and run the relay during the weekend, which would give me between 21 and 26 miles for the week.
b. shorten my weekday runs to like 3 two milers during the week and run the relay, giving me around 17-22 miles for the week.
c. not run the relay

im concerned about the 10% rule as week 2 will have me running 16 miles and week 4 will be 19. also, ive never logged 3 different runs in a 24 hour period. the relay is for fun, not for time, so im not going to be trying to set any speed records, if that matters. any input is appreciated
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ragnar relay across florida during marathon training? Rss Feed