Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-03-09 5:11 AM
in reply to: #1723699

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Hello there

Yep - I totally agree!

The bike was murder! (It'd been a lot easier on the track rather than the road! The track has a steady gradient instead of those murderous mini-cliff climbs we had to do!)

I found the run was ok - once I'd stopped about 1 mile in and stretched properly! Prior to that I was shuffling along like an old (pained) man!

(I filled in the race report if you want a laugh)

Definitely up for 2010! (and hopefully the Olymp at Strathclyde in July - we'll see how much life gets in the way first!!)Laughing

2009-03-13 2:57 PM

User image

Regular

Hi keith,

Hows the legs ??
Just watched the video thats on the nofuss site , hark at you doing an interview for the camera !!  Innocent

2009-03-14 5:22 PM
in reply to: #2016437

User image

Veteran
adbru - 2009-03-13 7:57 PM

Hi keith,

Hows the legs ??
Just watched the video thats on the nofuss site , hark at you doing an interview for the camera !!  Innocent

mmmmmm... didn't realise it was on at first - it was just before I was meant to be swimming and I was a little distracted! Bit weird really!

The legs were surprisingly ok! I did very little for the 1st couple of days afterwards which probably helped! Although, I went to a Yoga class on Monday night and that was murder - legs not able to support me all that well! All fine by Tues afternoon.

(They're wrecked today - was out in Leanachan with a mate (The rain must be a weekend thing!Frown 18miles of wet and wind - that kind of low cloud rather than proper rain - still gets you soaked though!)

How's sunny Aberdeen? You still aiming for 'Feldy in the summer?

K

2009-03-17 3:46 PM

User image

Regular

Hiya,

Still planning 'feldy, start my Half plan in a couple of weeks and got scared as my bike fitness just isnt up to it. Also my "butt" still gets sore after about 7 miles

So drastic action required..... I have a 10.7 mile cycle route followed by a 3 mile trail run that I do, so did it as brick session on friday - and sunday,monday, and today.
Times are coming down and butt is complaining , hopefully it will "toughen me up"

Also on the bike rather than riding to the speedo i am riding to cadence.
Trying to keep it between 85-95 on the flat and above 75 on hills, seems to be working as my legs are better on the run, i'll keep you posted

Have you planned any other races yet ??
(have you put your entry in for the big tri yet.....)

2009-03-26 4:40 PM
in reply to: #2023860

User image

Veteran

You wanna be carefull doing consecutive bricks - you'll end up completely knackered! Take plenty of recovery time after that kind of thing!

I'm currently learning how to run properly! I'm doing a Half Marathon in May, so I've been gradually ramping up the distance - think I nearly killed the dog today with a 7mph, 5miler -(well chuffed at my about to be, new found ability!) it was pretty much flat along the canal, but I think he finds the track pretty tough on his feet (I know I got a blister - on my instep of all places!)

Races this year:

Half Mary in May

10 under the ben at the end of May

Strathclyde Olympic Tri in July (being careful not to drink the water!)

possibly the 3G's in August (I think??!) I'll have a lot of brownie points to earn, so we'll see about the last one!

Better skoot - TV to watch - slob mode begins!Wink

Keep up the good work!

K

New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum Scotland » Hello there Rss Feed  

of 2