General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Plan Inconsistent with Race Timeline Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-14 2:32 PM

Subject: Training Plan Inconsistent with Race Timeline
I have signed up for a long tri in August.  I realize that this is a long time.  However, I don't want to waste any time letting the Daisy's grow.  My problem is this; The training plan I have decided to use is 30 weeks long and I have about 46 weeks to go before race day.  How should I treat this?  Shoud I repeat training weeks in the base phase, build phase, etc?  Should I use another plan entirely in the interim?  I am into using the HRM methodology and would like to leverage something consistent with this approach.

2008-10-14 2:41 PM
in reply to: #1742128

User image

Expert
Computerland
Subject: RE: Training Plan Inconsistent with Race Timeline
You don't have to start training so soon for your event! If I tried to train almost a year for an event, I would be exhaused!

You can focus this winter on building up your base before you start training for your event. You can do this by focusing on what you are the weakest on. (i.e. a weak bicyclist would spend lots of time in the saddle over the winter). You can also focus on building a strong base in all 3 sports.

There are also lots of ideas for planning your off season here:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/trainingplans...

2008-10-14 2:44 PM
in reply to: #1742128

Subject: RE: Training Plan Inconsistent with Race Timeline

B-RAD 303 - 2008-10-14 3:32 PM I have signed up for a long tri in August.  I realize that this is a long time.  However, I don't want to waste any time letting the Daisy's grow.  My problem is this; The training plan I have decided to use is 30 weeks long and I have about 46 weeks to go before race day.  How should I treat this?  Shoud I repeat training weeks in the base phase, build phase, etc?  Should I use another plan entirely in the interim?  I am into using the HRM methodology and would like to leverage something consistent with this approach.

What distance is your "long tri"? Sprint, Olympic, HIM, IM? What is your previous experience/what kind of base in the sports do you already have? That is going to make a difference.

Never mind - just saw you are training for IMKY. Now, we DEFINITELY need to know what your past experience is. That will help folks, esp. those who've done an IM (so, not me), give you better advice.

Edited by wurkit_gurl 2008-10-14 2:45 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Plan Inconsistent with Race Timeline Rss Feed