General Discussion Triathlon Talk » FINALLY!!! Comfortable on my new bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-25 6:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: FINALLY!!! Comfortable on my new bike

So I am new to tri's and come from a lifting / mountain bike background. I have a Gary Fisher HiFi plus great great GREAT bike....but as I was becoming more serious I bought a 2008 Trek 1.2 nice entry level bike. I've been riding on the Trek for about a month and to no suprise the Trek rides alot different than the Fisher, when I bought the Trek I went to my LBS and was fitted for about 70 minutes....It felt great at the bike shop. Once I was on the road though I felt very awkward and just "not right". Then this morning I must have slipped into the "right" position and man did it feel good!!! It felt like something clicked and it felt great!  I felt like I could ride forever and wasn't straining one bit. I thought maybe it was just luck so I went back out for another 30 minute ride and it felt great.

Soooo my question is is this normal? For someone coming over from mountain biking to take this long to feel right on a road bike? Or anyone else have a similar story?

Edited by LSU25 2008-10-25 6:27 PM

2008-10-26 4:18 PM
in reply to: #1765906

User image

Nampa, Idaho
Subject: RE: FINALLY!!! Comfortable on my new bike
I can't say if it's normal or not but I too am having a difficult time adjusting to the road bike from my mountain bike... And I keep hoping it will get better!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » FINALLY!!! Comfortable on my new bike Rss Feed