General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What should i do with my new Zoots that rub blisters Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-17 4:14 PM

User image

Expert
Ocala, Florida
Subject: What should i do with my new Zoots that rub blisters

Here's the deal....

I ordered a pair of Zoot Ultra TT running shoes from Trisports.com a few weeks ago.   They were on back order so i had to wait for them.   I then went to the NYC Marathon Expo (before i had received the shoes) and bought a new pair of the same shoe....but the new 2009 2.0 model.

So when i get home i have my new pair i bought in NY and the pair i had ordered waiting on me.    Since the money was already spent, i decided to go ahead and keep the pair i ordered for a spare pair.

I've done several runs with the 2.0 pair i got in NY and like them alot.   They are comfortable, don't rub, and are nice without socks.  

I then decided to try out the other pair and went for a short 2 mile run.   I wore those with socks and they tore my feet up.   In just 2 miles, it wore a big blister on the inside of my big toe....i found that very odd.   It also rubbed a blister on the heel of my left foot.   I haven't worn them a second time.

So i call Trisports.com and naturally they won't take them back since they've been worn outside.   So i'm unsure as to what to do now.   Do i try to wear them again and maybe they don't rub like they did before?   The heel doesn't worry me much.....but the inside of my big toe?   That is really uncomfortable and somewhere that shouldn't get blistered....with socks none the less!!

Or should i give someone here a great deal and sell them?   I'd really hate to do that because i really like 'em and they are comfy.   I really really like the 2009 pair better, but these are nice too.....minus the blisters.

Any ideas on the blisters i'm getting on my toe?

Edited by xmann1102 2008-11-17 4:14 PM

2008-11-19 11:26 PM
in reply to: #1813075

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: What should i do with my new Zoots that rub blisters
bend them and rub them around a bit, rub vasaline into the places that cuased the blisters. i had two fo the same pair, same model, one caused them, one didnt. once they broke in both were fine.

the vasaline will help it break down a bit faster/make it smoother.
2008-11-20 10:13 AM

Veteran
I HATE Zoots. I wore mine on 5 runs. I couldn't go more than 3 miles on ANY of the runs. I wore no socks on the first 2 and light socks on the last 3. They tore my foot up on the outside each time. 4" long blisters. They also were not very comfortable inregards to shock absorption for my knees. I gave mine away. I'm getting Newton trainers for xmas.
2008-11-20 10:51 AM

I have some and had the same initial problems.  Got them, went on a 6 mile run, came back with blisters.

I wore them with socks for a few weeks to break them in and didn't have any problems after that.  They are very light in the stability department, so if you are a bigger runner, be careful.  I'm 5'11 and weigh 160lbs.  I only use them for races and hard brick sessions.  I love them for races, they are light, stay dry and I don't get blisters.  I wore them in a HIM recently and they did fine. 

2008-11-27 10:15 AM

User image

Expert
Ocala, Florida

just an update....

i've been using the 09 Zoots with socks and they are great...really like them alot.   i've also been wearing the pair that rubbed the blister on my toe around and about.   

they haven't been bothering me just walking in them, so i decided to wear them on a run yesterday.   i took my wife's cell phone and told her i would be calling if i felt a blister starting to form.   i ran 6 miles in them, without socks and they were great.   no rubbing or any discomfort what so ever.   they felt great, had a really awesome run.   i'm thinking that wearing socks actually caused the blister before (maybe a seam from the socks).

bottom line, i love both pair and neither looks to be bad for rubbing blisters.    glad a held onto them

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What should i do with my new Zoots that rub blisters Rss Feed