General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey all you athletes!!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-08-14 7:29 PM

New user

California
Subject: Hey all you athletes!!!!!
How are you all doing? I am ready to get this bus on the road and getting into shape. I was hoping that is exactly what all of you are wanting as well. (Obviously, right??) Anyways, just was cruising around the web and found this site. Thought I would introduce myself. I'm a 27 year old mother of 2 wonderful rugrats. I gave birth to my son December of 2001 and I am still slacking in the fitness department with the post pregnancy weight. So!! I am finally getting the knack to get my booty off the couch and do something about it instead of sulking. I live in the southern valley of beautiful California. (Beautiful??? LOL) I did a walk/run combo yesterday and man, I am so sore. The more time goes by, my muscles get more sore. But, that's a good thing right? It means I did something right, I guess. I HOPE! lol Anyways, I could go on and on with this post, so I will close for now. I hope there are some others out there that would like to buddy up with me and do a challenge or something. would be nice to keep motivated. Hear from you all soon.

Julie

2003-08-14 8:58 PM
in reply to: #466

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Hey all you athletes!!!!!
Welcome to the off the sofa club! Getting sore is ok, but you really want to be careful not to overdo it. If you are getting really sore, don't run, just walk for a couple of weeks. After that you could start doing some run walking. Remember that you are not in this for just a month; you are out to change your lifestyle. Try to follow the 10% rule, which is not increasing your workout by more than 10% over your last work out.

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-08-15 5:01 PM
in reply to: #466

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: oohhhh....muscle soreness....yeahhhhh.

soreness is great!!!!  BUT michael does have a point...it should not linger in any muscle group for more than about 3-4 days.  but its a great barometer telling u that u actually did something over and above what your used to.

oh yeah...r u giving us a challenge?  regarding myself, i am hoping to start running soon after FINALLY getting rid of some tendinitis...i will be run/walking too....SO post your weekly workouts and i will see if i can follow u and get back into some decent running.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey all you athletes!!!!! Rss Feed