General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Run for Lisa, Jayden & Marleigh Underwood Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-31 8:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fort Worth, TX
Subject: Run for Lisa, Jayden & Marleigh Underwood

As many of you remember, the murders of Lisa, Jayden, & Lisa's unborn daughter Marleigh Underwood hit very close to my home. Lisa was part owner of Boopas Bagel Deli with her best friend and business partner Holly. I saw them every morning when I picked up my coffee & bagel. I was always greeted by Lisa's cheery "Good Morning Sunshine", mainly because I'm so cranky in the morning and she loved to rib me. I became friends with the Boopa girls and last year Holly became my roommate, often referred to as "The Best Roommate EVER!"

Lisa was murdered by the father of her child. It is a truly chilling statistic, but the leading cause of death of pregnant women is murder. Not complications due to pregnancy or birth, but murder.

On April 9th the Victory over Violence 5K/1K is being held in Fort Worth (http://www.womenscenter.info/VOV/). It benefits The Women's Center, one of the women's shelters in the DFW area. I'm writing today to ask you to join me in running this race to honor and celebrate the lives of Lisa and Jayden and Marleigh. Please wear a black t-shirt (black being Lisa's clothing color of choice) in solidarity. It is my hope that we can have a field of people in black t-shirts.

I know that most of you do not live in the DFW area, but if there is a 5K in your area please run it and wear a black t-shirt. If you don't have an organized race, run 5K (or more) for your training on that day and wear a black t-shirt. If its possible, take a picture of yourself finishing the run and send it to me. I'd like to have an album full of you guys running in their memory. I'd like to be able to make a poster, of all the people around the country and around the world that ran for Lisa & Jayden and give it to Holly.

Email the pictures to me at [email protected] and I'll post them in an album for BT.

Thank you.

Kristen

Edited by vertical_listing 2005-03-31 9:03 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Run for Lisa, Jayden & Marleigh Underwood Rss Feed