General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Guy Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-08-19 7:22 PM

Miami, Florida
Subject: New Guy
I am so excited to have found this site! I've been working on losing weight for the better part of a year and half now, down to 264 from a starting weight of 333. I recently have started working out regularly and am really enjoying it. I have always wanted to compete in a tri, but at 300 lbs didn't think I would ever do that.

Now, it is my ultimate fitness goal at the moment. I have been a strong competitive swimmer in the past (freestyle) and a recreational biker. Never been much of a runner. Now that I have found this site, I am going to start being intentional about preparing for a race.

2003-08-19 9:00 PM
in reply to: #503

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: New Guy
Congrats on the super weight loss. My one amount of advice would be to obey the 10% rule on training for the run. Allow your body to adjust to what it is getting ready to do. I would suggest a walk run combo for the first month or so until you get comfortable. Be patient and it will happen. With your swimming experience this will benefit you greatly. If you research the tri's, the swim is the event that most have trouble with.
Keep up the good work and let us know if we can help.

Still Tri'n,
Michael
2003-08-20 7:43 PM

User image

Champion
Subject: kudos too!
great job on the weight loss and more sure to come!  your gonna get hooked!  your swim and rec biking experience r gonna help a lot.
2003-08-21 5:21 PM

chicago
awesome job with the weight loss! I know how hard that is! Definetly obey the 10% rule. It will save you injurys in the long run. The walk/run program is a great way to get started with running. It's what I did and now I can "fly". Keep at it.
Patrick
2003-08-21 7:24 PM

HAMDEN,CT
Great job a the weight loss i'm doing the Atkins diet and working out lost 29 pounds as of today started atkins july 7th.
writing about it on site if you need to talk to someone who's as big as you about the training i'm checking the site every night after my workout.
good luck keep up the good fight.
SF
JHK
2003-08-21 10:16 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Oldman,

I am curious as to how your energy level has been with the atkins plan. I have read some info that says your body has to adjust to having no carbs and then it doesn't make a difference, and then I have read that you can't do any type of endurace events when you are on that diet plan. What are your thoughts?

Still Tri'n
Michael

Edited by Michael 2003-08-21 10:16 PM

2003-08-22 8:27 AM
in reply to: #532

HAMDEN,CT
Michael
I'm John
read your article when I joined.
your doing GOOD !!!
I'm 41 years old and I have had great energy levels.
last night I rode my bike on a short workout before dark 7.5 miles at an avg. speed of 18 mph. felt great.
I now run/jog 4 miles I could never do that before.
dinner last night was 5 turkey paddies and green beans.
I don't feel tired or weak.
I sent in my work out to Ron and hope to post it next month so if any one wants to TRI-Atkins they can see what happen to me from start to finish in doing triathlon training and Atkins.
2021-05-27 8:20 AM

dfsds
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Guy Rss Feed