General Discussion Triathlon Talk » They are trying to stop me!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-03-15 12:38 PM

User image

New Hampshire
Subject: They are trying to stop me!!!
Well after my down moment about the run I was getting all ready to bring in a new program. One run a week on the treadmill (BTW for run read shuffle/walk) one on the running track at the school opposite my house and then one a week out in the real world. That would alleviate the boredom of doing the same thing, the shin splints and pain caused by the running on the roads and just give me something to aim for.

However my plan is being sabotaged!!! Firstly the snow is returning so that rules out the roads. I hate the gym. Then the school across the road sealed off the sports fields – to renew them. The running track and everything else is being dug up!!! Nothing will be ready until Fall at the earliest!! Arrrrrrgggggggggg. I’m devastated. I was looking forward to getting out there and running! Worst of all – I know who the local ringleaders were who pushed the school board to get the improvements done as soon as possible rather than waiting a couple of years. The guy next door is one of them. I’m the other. Grrrrrrrrrr. Looks like that’s backfired then!!! A year of views of yellow machinery and no track.

Back to the gym then!!

2004-03-15 4:07 PM
in reply to: #12469

User image

Regular
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Subject: RE: They are trying to stop me!!!
I hope you don't mind if I found your post a little humorous. I am sympathetic, but still a tad amused.
2004-03-15 4:17 PM
in reply to: #12469

User image

New Hampshire
Subject: RE: They are trying to stop me!!!
I’m pleased that I amused someone. I was more bemused that they picked now to do it. I could have used the track all last year and didn’t – now I want to use it I cant!!

Of course I could take the family across town to one of the big parks and leave the wife with the kids while I use the school track there but I prefer to have excuses as to why I can’t do stuff.

Damn – I’ve blown a hole in that excuse now haven’t I!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » They are trying to stop me!!! Rss Feed