General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Just bought a couple new toys! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-15 2:43 PM

Chicago
Subject: Just bought a couple new toys!
Just got back from my fitting and buying of a new Crit bike....I picked up a new Orbea Gavia, alum frame with carbon fork/seat post..upgraded to full Ultegra. Going to wait a bit to upgrade wheels (my buddy from the bike shop is traveling for a month...he gives me deals). I get it in about a week, liked it so much I had my wife fitted and bought her a Orbea San Remo (trying to get her into cycling...its her first bike).

cant get a pic embedded for some reason...

Edited by L2Jake 2009-05-15 2:47 PM

2009-05-15 11:43 PM
in reply to: #2153694

User image

Chicago
Subject: RE: Just bought a couple new toys!
hey i am from skokie, where did you go to get your bike? I go to Turin in Evanston but am trying to find a good store that is more tri specific that hasnt gotten bad reviews.
2009-05-16 2:52 AM

Chicago
Hey Thom - there are many shops in the city....but my favorite is GET A GRIP cycles.   It is seriously one of the best shops in the midwest.   They are not only extremely knowledgeable but they truly care about putting riders on the correct bikes.  (they give you a whole fit test  - 4 hours or more - then after they place you on a bike that fits you, and by that I mean they don't push brands because there are no bikes in stock or on the floor....they order it for you)....then retrofit your near perfect fitting ride to fit you and your style perfectly.

It might be a bit of a drive for you but you should really check out Get A Grip cycles.  They have a shop off of Irving Park and the fit studio is off of Fulton (near downtown).   If you are looking for a "walk in and ride out" deal, then I would point you to Kozy. (www.kozy.com)   They have good deals, you wont get a fitting....but you might get a good deal on a ride.
2009-05-16 2:59 AM

Chicago
....and by the way, I will be putting in some really good miles come june and beyond, I am always looking for partners if you want to ride.  will be doing some weekends in wisconsin for hill intervals but other than that just putting time in the saddle.   if you ever want to ride just let me know.  - j
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Just bought a couple new toys! Rss Feed