General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTT a Full Suspension Mtn Bike for a road/tri bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2009-06-13 8:25 PM

Subject: WTT a Full Suspension Mtn Bike for a road/tri bike
I purchased this bike two years ago and have one rode it a couple of times.  I would love to trade for an equivalent road/tri bike.  I should ride a 56.  The bike i'm trying to trade is a 16" frame.

Frame:
Triple-Butted 6069 Aluminum w/ 4" Travel
Fork:
Rock Shox Tora 318 Air* 100mm Travel
w/ Lockout & External Rebound
Rear Shock:
Rock Shox Ario 2.2 Air* w/ Lockout
Shifters:
SRAM X7 Trigger
Front Derailleur:
SRAM X7
Rear Derailleur:
SRAM X7
Crankset:
TruVativ Firex 3.1
Cassette:
SRAM PG-950 (11-34T)
Chain:
KMC Z9200
Brakes:
Avid BB-7 Disc Brakes
Levers:
Avid Single-Digit 7
Rims:
Sun DS2-XC Rims
Hubs:
Novatec 4/2 Sealed Bearing Hubs
Tires:
Maxxis Ignitor 26" x 2.10
Headset:
Cane Creek S-3
Cockpit Set:
TruVativ XR
Saddle:
WTB Pure V Race
Pedals:
Shimano PD-M520 Clipless w/ Cleats
* shock pump required

As the All-Mountain category quickly diverges more and more into specific needs, our Asta series is poised to break through, blurring the line between XC and light All-Mountain. With 4" travel, front and rear, and exceptional trail manners, the Asta Comp X7 offers one of the best values anywhere for a fast and light full-suspension bike for racing, single-track and all trail use. Our Asta Comp proved itself to be one of the most sparkling introductions of 2006 and the 2007 gets even better! The Asta frame has been improved for 2007 with new lighter triple-butted 6069 aluminum, longer travel at a full 4" and revised geometry for more room in the cockpit and a more stable ride. The X7 version of the Asta Comp brings SRAM's exceptional X7 drivetrain to the table, as well as very capable suspension by Rock Shox.

The Asta Comp X7 features the aforementioned SRAM X7 drivetrain with X7 Trigger shifters, X7 derailleurs front and rear and a TruVativ Firex crankset with GXP integrated bottom-bracket (TruVativ is also made by SRAM). It's definitely worth noting that, as good as X7 was before, it's even better now... built to the same specs as SRAM's previous X9 components.

Powerful Avid BB-7 mechanical disc brakes provide flawless stopping while Rock Shox beautifully matched Ario 2.2 rear shock and 100mm Tora 318 Air fork (both w/ lockout) smooth the rockiest trails. The Asta's frame has been purpose-built for XC, singletrack and fast trails wit 4-bar type linkage, fully gusseted front triangle and full cartridge bearing pivots.

And we haven't skimped on the rest of the Asta Comp's components, either. The Comp X7 includes a quality built wheelset with Sun DS2-XC rims on Novatec 4/2 sealed bearing hubs mounted with Maxxis Ignitor tires. The cockpit is appointed with TruVativ XR alloy handlebar, stem & seatpost, as well as Shimano clipless pedals, WTB grips and a WTB Pure V Race saddle.

The time has come to feed your craving for full-suspension. And, the Asta Comp X7 leaves no doubt... if you favor SRAM running gear and you're looking for the most bang for your buck, the 2007 IBEX Asta Comp SE is the one! 

2009-06-14 12:11 AM
in reply to: #2215692

Subject: RE: WTT a Full Suspension Mtn Bike for a road/tri bike
Sorry forgot to say it is an IBEX 2007.

(002 [] [].JPG)

(003 [].JPG)

(001 (Copy) [Desktop Resolution] [] [].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
002 [] [].JPG (87KB - 10 downloads)
003 [].JPG (63KB - 8 downloads)
001 (Copy) [Desktop Resolution] [] [].JPG (79KB - 8 downloads)
2009-06-18 5:28 PM
in reply to: #2215692

User image

Extreme Veteran
I wish I could oblige, but I wanted to add my ringing endorsement of Ibex bikes. I had an Ibex mtn bike as well that I sold to get my first road bike, and it was awesome. I almost wish I had it back. This is a well-equipped bike that would justify a $900 or so used tri-bike in trade (105 equivalent components, etc).

Good luck with the trade!  Ibex bikes are cool!
2009-06-20 9:58 AM
in reply to: #2227745

Thank you for the post. 
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTT a Full Suspension Mtn Bike for a road/tri bike Rss Feed