General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Wetsuit/ Tri Gear in NH/ME Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-29 6:25 PM

Subject: Tri Wetsuit/ Tri Gear in NH/ME
Anyone know of a shop in NH or southern Maine that sells triathlon wetsuits.  I would like to rent or buy one, but I thinkI should try one on first.  I plan on being a few pounds lighter by tri time...

Im on the coast of NH, but would drive about an hour (If I go south, that puts me in Boston, North puts me in Portland. 

2009-06-30 5:13 AM
in reply to: #2251623

User image

Veteran
Hillsborough, NH
Subject: RE: Tri Wetsuit/ Tri Gear in NH/ME

I got my wetsuit at MC Cycles in Laconia.  Don't know if that's too far for you.  Pretty sure you can make it in under an hour.  It's a great bike shop and they're the on course sponsor for all the Endorfun Sports triathlons.  (Mooseman, Black Fly, and Timberman)  They had a couple of suits of different sizes to try on and then they'll order one if you decide to get one.  I've also heard Fast Splits in Boston is amazing but I haven't been there yet.  Maybe post in the Mass thread and you'll get some more detail.  Good Luck!

2009-06-30 7:18 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Concord, NH
I know S&W Sports in Concord has wet suits for rent and to buy.  I have not been to Naults in Manchester in about a year, but they had a good selection of tri stuff last time I was in there, but do not know if they rent or not.
2009-06-30 7:27 AM

User image

Regular
Southern NH

Maine Multisport in Portland.  In my view it's the best Tri Shop North Of Massachusetts.

2009-06-30 12:23 PM

Is MC Cycles in L.A.conia new?  Im from Meredith, so Im familiar withthe area.  I dont recall it though. I ll check it out this weekend!  Great tip!  Thanks!

I ll probably end up in both Boston AND Portland too. 

Thanks all!

2009-07-02 6:23 PM

User image

New user

I rented my wetsuit from Fast Splits in Newton and was thrilled I did.  I ultimately went back and purchased that style suit and got a renter's discount off the purchase.

I had tried on several other suits at other stores and was concerned by how uncomfortable they were.  This particular suit - a Blue Seventy Reaction - was actually quite comfortable and I've enjoyed swimming in it ever since.

Hope that helps.  Best of luck.

2009-07-07 2:16 PM

User image

Pro
Seacoast, NH!
I prefer peakperformance on marginal way in Portland.  The guys are very helpful and love a beginner.  They helped me try on like ten wetsuits (I don't recommend this on a hot day) and I love mine.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Wetsuit/ Tri Gear in NH/ME Rss Feed