General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Pittsburgh Newbie Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-13 10:19 AM

User image

Subject: Pittsburgh Newbie
Training for my first Sprint.... avid gym rat, runner, bike.... haven't swam for distance since lifeguard training in HS... have really enjoyed the training and looking forward to surviving my first Sprint at the end of July.  Swam open water this weekend in a wetsuit for the first time... it was sooooooo much easier.... our Sprint swims downstream for the 600m in the Allegheny so that should make it easier.  Still getting comfortable with my breathing but after doingn 350m downstream this weekend in my wetsuit and feeling like i could have gone for another 400m, I'm feeling like I can do this!!!

2009-07-13 3:19 PM
in reply to: #2280889

User image

Master
PA
Subject: RE: Pittsburgh Newbie
welcome to BT!
2009-07-15 10:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, TX
Welcome to BT.  This is a great site for training, learning, and connecting with friends.  I was just up in Pittsburgh on business.  Stayed out @ near the airport.   Ran a really cool trail there. 
2009-07-20 3:00 PM

User image

Thanks for the encouragement and the welcome ... I'm just doing some early morning workouts this week, body cleansing and nutrition, and getting mentally prepared.  I'm excited for the event and the people that I'll be racing with and getting to know.  I've practiced in my wet suit (got a sleeveless short suit) and am comfortable.  Looking forward to becoming part of the pack....
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Pittsburgh Newbie Rss Feed