Subject: Blood type diets
anyone tried blood type specific diets?

2009-07-21 2:46 PM
in reply to: #2299324

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Subject: RE: Blood type diets
I just picked up the book today - after reading about the Paleo diet in the nutrition forum...  For my type a lot is what I've been eating recently - but apparently I'm supposed to avoid all grains and wheat.  Hmmmm... that might be tough.
2009-08-06 11:02 AM

Regular
Colorado
My naturopath recommended the blood type diet for me, which required some big changes. I've given up wheat for the most part, no chicken, more turkey/beef/fish. I have to say that when I am following it carefully, I feel much better, but when I start to slip, my energy lags. Another learning curve for me with this is that just because I am eating the right foods, doesn't mean I can afford to disregard portion or food selection!
2009-08-06 11:16 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-08-06 4:04 PM

Veteran
Jacksonville, Fl
It's on your dog tags, or go to medical, and look at your medical record, if you don't know where your dog tags are.  Then go get some new dog tags.
2009-08-12 2:07 PM

Elite
Evergreen, CO
I've followed its recommendations very strictly before and am going to try again now.  A lot of the Avoids were things I already knew didn't agree with me.  It seems the last time I followed it my sinuses cleared which is a miracle for me.   I should be a veg-head which is tough at our house because hubby is a carnivore blood type and the boys like meat and potatoes.  Last night, however, I had the veggies only and that was fine.  Helps that I haven't gotten my appetite back since the race.

eta: Another thing I found interesting, hubby has always given me grief for refusing to go places w/ large crowds/traffic/noise, etc.  and I cannot watch violent shows.  The book describes me exactly!

Edited by skarl 2009-08-12 2:13 PM

2009-08-14 9:28 PM
in reply to: #2344379

Veteran
British Columbia

Susan...

Was it the Paleo diet or the "Eat Right for Your Type" diet that you follow?  I also suffer from sinus problems and have been thinking of trying the Eat Right diet.  How long before you noticed a difference?  Also, when you follow the diet, do you try to stick to mainly organic meat, fruit and vegetables (recommended in the book) or can you use non organic?

skarl - 2009-08-12 12:07 PM I've followed its recommendations very strictly before and am going to try again now.  A lot of the Avoids were things I already knew didn't agree with me.  It seems the last time I followed it my sinuses cleared which is a miracle for me.   I should be a veg-head which is tough at our house because hubby is a carnivore blood type and the boys like meat and potatoes.  Last night, however, I had the veggies only and that was fine.  Helps that I haven't gotten my appetite back since the race.

eta: Another thing I found interesting, hubby has always given me grief for refusing to go places w/ large crowds/traffic/noise, etc.  and I cannot watch violent shows.  The book describes me exactly!

2009-09-02 4:53 PM
in reply to: #2350011

Elite
Evergreen, CO
kew - 2009-08-14 8:28 PM

Susan...

Was it the Paleo diet or the "Eat Right for Your Type" diet that you follow?  I also suffer from sinus problems and have been thinking of trying the Eat Right diet.  How long before you noticed a difference?  Also, when you follow the diet, do you try to stick to mainly organic meat, fruit and vegetables (recommended in the book) or can you use non organic?

skarl - 2009-08-12 12:07 PM I've followed its recommendations very strictly before and am going to try again now.  A lot of the Avoids were things I already knew didn't agree with me.  It seems the last time I followed it my sinuses cleared which is a miracle for me.   I should be a veg-head which is tough at our house because hubby is a carnivore blood type and the boys like meat and potatoes.  Last night, however, I had the veggies only and that was fine.  Helps that I haven't gotten my appetite back since the race.

Sorry I haven't checked back here to reply!

I eat mostly organic food -- there are some things like onions and bananas that don't absorb pesticides so I get commercial versions when it's convenient.  Organic is more expensive in the short run but not in the long run, imo.  A side effect is that if it costs more I eat less which is just fine

I've never tried Paleo, only Eat Right 4 Your Type.  Sinuses cleared up pretty quickly.  Thanks for reminding me that I need to locate that book again  
2009-09-03 4:04 PM

New user

I have a lot of food allergies (according to a blood antigen test), so I'm very interested in the different diets and principles behind them. 

I looked at the Eat Right for your type diet (B) and cross-referenced it to my food allergy list.  There really isn't a strong correlation.   I did discover that I really need to be eating more fish.  Half of my list that I'm not allergic to and the ER4YT diet says are benefical are different types of fish. 

For the last month or so I've been trying to stick mostly with foods that are on both lists with mixed results. 

I don't do a lot of organic, but my diet is very clean, with just an occasional cheat.  I have a rule that if it has more than 5 ingredients in it I'm probably allergic to it.  So there hasn't been any breads, white flour or sugar in my diet for a long while. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Blood type diets Rss Feed