General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello From Weston, FL Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-04 9:58 PM

Weston, FL
Subject: Hello From Weston, FL
Hi,

My name is Chuck, I am 31yo, and live in Weston, FL (Ft. Lauderdale area) and I have recently completed my first triathlon. This venture all started when I quit smoking (+- 2 oks a day)about 3 months ago. I ran (or tried) the night after I quit and liked it, so I continued.

I entered a 5k to prove I could do it, and things progressed from there. I bought a bike, ran into a co-worker at a 10k whom, I found out, has completed some IMs, and the seed was set.

I am training for a longer Tri, but right now, I am just having fun doing this and experiencing the thrills of this new found, healty, lifestyle.

chuck

2005-05-04 10:51 PM
in reply to: #152799

User image

Veteran
Salem, MA
Subject: RE: Hello From Weston, FL
 Hi, Chuck! Welcome! I was excited to see your post, because I've been there. Quit smoking 3 years ago and haven't looked back since. It feels so great to develop the power and feeling of great fitness, too. So congratulations on taking that major step. I kind of feel like if you can quit, you can do anything -- so you can defintely tri!
2005-05-05 9:59 PM

Weston, FL
thanks --
2005-05-07 9:56 PM

User image

Regular
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Yep good job on the smoking and Florida is a perfect place b/c we can train so often and there's always races available
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello From Weston, FL Rss Feed