General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spouse as training partner – different ability levels Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-08-06 6:18 AM
in reply to: #2329212

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Spouse as training partner – different ability levels
You can make adjustments to your training plan to fit her in as well. For example, go out for a short hard run before having her joining you for a few miles at a more leisure pace. Whenever you're biking together make sure that you are in the front pulling at all times.

Something you can do both on the run and on the bike is surges. Go out in her pace and then you go off for a minute or two at full pace, turn around until you meet up again and continue her pace until the next surge.

My wife is a great triathlete (I'm a duathlete) and although she's a strong cyclist and can make me hurt, I still have the speed advantage (simply putting out more power), and she really can't run my pace, but I've made some changes to my training plan to make sure that I can do at least two runs a week with her and 3-4 times a week on the bike. Do you think she says anything if I want to buy a new bike or a pair of wheels, or anything else?! Only, "I want to upgrade this or that"! Seriously, life is great when you have a wife (or I guess husband) with the same interest!!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spouse as training partner – different ability levels Rss Feed  

of 2