General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nearly at 5 months Being Injured Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-16 1:43 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Nearly at 5 months Being Injured
I've had an achilles problem that hasn't allowed me to run for a period coming up to about 5 months. I'm starting to get so frustrated that it hasn't healed up and allowed me to run yet.

Is this normal time frame for this type of injury? What do you do if you can run. I can still bike and swim and have been enjoying both, but I can't race so that has taken a major hit to my motivation because I need races to look forward to for motivation.  

2009-08-16 5:45 AM
in reply to: #2351200

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Nearly at 5 months Being Injured

Be thankful that you can still swim and bike!  I just came off an injury where I could not s/b/r for 6 months, a heniated disc.  I totally understand not having an event to look forward to.  Maybe you can find a local century ride amd set a lofty goal for yourself.  Or focus on becoming the next Michael Phelps in the pool. 

~Mike

2009-08-16 5:54 AM
in reply to: #2351200

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
Subject: RE: Nearly at 5 months Being Injured
It's heartbreaking, I know, I couldn't run for a long time and I feel your frustration.  No idea how long achilles take to clear up.  Can you find some OWS races or as Mike said, some bike series to take part in?  There were times when I thought I would never be able to run again but it seems to be coming together now and I'm enjoying some long runs.  It will get better, I know it's hard but try and stay positive, work on the swim and the bike, set yourself some personal goals.  Maybe take up something completely different for a new challenge (pilates, lap dancing, pirate jigging, anything) to keep you feeling fresh.  I'm sending you healing vibes.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nearly at 5 months Being Injured Rss Feed