Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-08-19 8:37 PM
in reply to: #2355057

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: To Pee or not to Pee?
rgretsof - 2009-08-18 8:38 AM

RBRMIKE - 2009-08-17 1:17 PM

I read one post in anther thread where a person said they peed on themselves 7 times on the bike. ZOINKS lol

When I get down around 8:55 for an IM I will think about peeing on myself on the bike

That was probably me during IMLP and I was not anywhere near 8:55, but I'd do the same thing again. All of us have our own personal goals even if they don't approach the 8:55 mark. Mine was to go under 13 hours for my 1st IM on a tough course and if I stopped to pee every I might have missed my goal. I would have rather not have to pee at all while on the bike, but such is life. While training in FL I had to drink tons of water to stay hydrated, but in hindsight I should have drank less at IMLP. You live an learn. That said, I did change socks at T2 and used the potta potties on the run. I also carry those moist booty wipes with me so I don't have to run with the crunchies.

I am very jealous of you

I don't pee even one time on a 100 mile bike ride. That is with drinking 16 ounces every 10 miles. Maybe I sweat more than most? Or is that not enough water?

2009-08-19 9:03 PM
in reply to: #2359215

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fleming Island, FL
RBRMIKE - 2009-08-19 9:37 PM

rgretsof - 2009-08-18 8:38 AM

RBRMIKE - 2009-08-17 1:17 PM

I read one post in anther thread where a person said they peed on themselves 7 times on the bike. ZOINKS lol

When I get down around 8:55 for an IM I will think about peeing on myself on the bike

That was probably me during IMLP and I was not anywhere near 8:55, but I'd do the same thing again. All of us have our own personal goals even if they don't approach the 8:55 mark. Mine was to go under 13 hours for my 1st IM on a tough course and if I stopped to pee every I might have missed my goal. I would have rather not have to pee at all while on the bike, but such is life. While training in FL I had to drink tons of water to stay hydrated, but in hindsight I should have drank less at IMLP. You live an learn. That said, I did change socks at T2 and used the potta potties on the run. I also carry those moist booty wipes with me so I don't have to run with the crunchies.

I am very jealous of you

I don't pee even one time on a 100 mile bike ride. That is with drinking 16 ounces every 10 miles. Maybe I sweat more than most? Or is that not enough water?

I have found that if I get dehyrated during a long bike ride my performance suffers and I get a splitting headache that stays with me the rest of the day. I did not want that to happen during my IM so I drank as much as I normally drank during my long training rides. What I failed to take into account was that even though it was "hot" during the IM it was not nearly as humid and I did not sweat as much. I hate having to pee when I ride and I hate stopping even more.
2009-08-19 10:43 PM
in reply to: #2351446

User image

Expert
scottsdale, az
At IM AZ I peed on the bike a few times. I was drinking a TON to keep hydrated.... I had to go SO many times, I didn't want to stop that much! I would dump water over myself to "cover" it up. I did this in a 15k last year too... wait for the water stations.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To Pee or not to Pee? Rss Feed  

of 2