General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Eagleman (Hattiesburg, MS) Anyone??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-19 3:08 AM

User image

Regular
New Orleans
Subject: Eagleman (Hattiesburg, MS) Anyone???
I am already registered and am kind of nervous about this sprint tri. I am currently training for it but previous to 2 months ago I did not exercise at all. I just learned what a sprint tri was 2 weeks ago so that will tell you how new I am to the sport.

anyways, just checking to see if anyone else is going on here and if they attended last year.

Thanks

2009-08-22 1:40 PM
in reply to: #2357366

User image

Subject: RE: Eagleman (Hattiesburg, MS) Anyone???
I didn't attend this last year.  But I do believe my sister and I are going to try this one out.  I'll prob register sometime next week.  Looks like fun to me!!
2009-08-24 2:39 PM

Veteran
Vicksburg
It is fun, one of my training partners and I did it last year for our third sprint of the year.  I will tell you the bike is challeging.  At least it was to us last year, that was my first year cycling also. 

Here is another tip, when you go pick up your packet the will be selling raffle tickets.  They will give you 2 just for entering.  They used those raffle tickets for door prizes.  One guy bought 100 bucks worth of tickets and probablly won more than 1/2 the stuff and they had alot of good stuff also.  Nice helmets, fuel belts, nutrition products etc. etc.
2009-09-03 2:32 AM

User image

Regular
New Orleans
Yeah, I was afraid you was going to say the bike portion was tough...lol I just bought a bike and took it out for a few spins. Last ride I really pushed it with a local group and made 50 miles in 3 hours. I was really really happy about that. But I know this will be hilly...ahh...I'll just do my best. It is my 1st tri so the experience will be one to remember (hopefully for good reasons) lol.

How was the running portion? I hope it is mostly flat because that is my worse portion of the race.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Eagleman (Hattiesburg, MS) Anyone??? Rss Feed