General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Half Marathon and 5K race in DC Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-21 10:21 AM

Subject: New Half Marathon and 5K race in DC

http://www.gcfrace.com/index.html

Just got an email about this race - The Gynecologic Cancer Foundation is holding an inaugural half marathon, 5K run and 1 Mile walk in downtown DC, to raise awareness for various gynecologic cancers. I think this is pretty cool, as it is something that hits very close to home. We have a million and one walks and races for Breast Cancer, but there are many more insidious cancers that affect women - gynecologic cancers are tough to diagnose, often go unnoticed, or symptoms are very general and are often misdiagnosed as something less serious. They can also spread quickly and often have poor prognosis if not detected early (such as ovarian or endiometrial-related cancer).

Anyway, just thought I'd share - always nice to have other races to do. And DC is nice and flat for PRs. The half marathon even has a cash prize.

Edited by wurkit_gurl 2009-08-21 10:22 AM

2009-08-21 1:28 PM
in reply to: #2362261

User image

Veteran
Jacksonville, Fl
Subject: RE: New Half Marathon and 5K race in DC
Thanks so much! My buddy's wife is going thru chemo for ovarian cancer right now.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Half Marathon and 5K race in DC Rss Feed