General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OWS - Gulf Shores / Orange Beach Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-30 8:14 AM

User image

Subject: OWS - Gulf Shores / Orange Beach
Anyone interested in an OWS in either OB or GS on Saturday, Sept 5? I'm looking to swim 1 hr then bike 4 hrs.

Thanks

jen

2009-08-31 10:35 AM
in reply to: #2378630

User image

Extreme Veteran
Daphne, AL
Subject: RE: OWS - Gulf Shores / Orange Beach
Where do you OWS at?

I live in Daphne and have really just started training for Triathlons. I take the boat down to the islands in the pass every now and then and will do a little swimming just to see how different it is but can't do too much b/c of all the boat traffic.

I would like to get a good OWS under my belt before the upcoming tri....but I doubt I would be up to you're caliber since I just started training.
2009-08-31 3:07 PM

User image

Hey!

I live in OB and usually swim either in Bay la Launch with my husband sitting in the boat or from Bird Island following the no boats sign line. If I swim in GS, I go to the public beach at 59 since there are lifeguards around. I know the boat traffic will be horrible on Saturday so I'm trying to stay out of the bay

If you want to swim, just let me know. Would be happy to have the company for any amount of time.

Are you doing the sprint or oly at Al Coastal? I was psyched that the race moved to September, but can't race due to work obligations

2009-08-31 4:24 PM
in reply to: #2381019

User image

Extreme Veteran
Daphne, AL
I'm just doing the short race. Its going to be my first Tri so I chose the shorter race....now that I have been working out for a month or so I am a little upset about how short the course is....but I think the Oly is a little to long for my first race...more so in the run than the swim.

I had thought about swimming at the public beach but worried that the lifeguards would start freaking out when I got out too far.
2009-08-31 5:14 PM
in reply to: #2381200

User image

Master

I had thought about swimming at the public beach but worried that the lifeguards would start freaking out when I got out too far.

Why not swim along the beach instead of out and back?
2009-08-31 6:53 PM

User image

The lifeguards have been cool whenever I've been out there. When alone I do try to swim parallel to the beach. I plan to start early on Saturday and not sure what time they come on duty. Guess I call the city tomorrow to find out.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OWS - Gulf Shores / Orange Beach Rss Feed