General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bruised Calcaneus Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-03 2:45 PM

Subject: Bruised Calcaneus
I have my first Oly in 10 days and I also have my first tri-related injury.  The podiatrist said I have a bruised calcaneus, but it is most likely not a stress fracture (but could be).  I am hoping for the green light to race at my next appointment on Tuesday.  Has anyone else experienced this type of injury?  How long did it take to heal?

2009-09-18 12:43 PM
in reply to: #2387997

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Bruised Calcaneus

Have you had an MRI?  If you didn't experience a trauma to your foot (falling off a ladder, stepping on something pointy), you could have plantar fasciitis. 

I could be way off-base here, but I spent Sept '08 to March '09 thinking I had a calcaneal stress fracture after a visit to my orthopaedist, but the MRI I finally had when it wasn't getting better with rest showed it was PF.

2009-09-18 1:53 PM
in reply to: #2387997

Subject: RE: Bruised Calcaneus
It is funny you said that because I do have PF, and in that foot.  My podiatrist diagnosed a bruise, but my good friend, who is a radioligist resident, looked at the xrays and said she thinks its PF.  I rested for 10 days, and it feels pretty good.  I am doing ibuprofin and using my boot more and I think that has solved the problem.  Thanks!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bruised Calcaneus Rss Feed