General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weak, Faint, and and Dizzy :S Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-03 3:01 PM

User image

Subject: Weak, Faint, and and Dizzy :S
This morning my workout went well, I was going to ride 15 miles and only made it twelve but that was just because my seat was hurting not because I was fatigued. 
Yesterday I ran 5 miles, biked 8 and lifted weights for 45 min. 
Tuesday I bike 13 miles
Monday I ran 4
I'm a beginner and training for a sprint tri, next weekend. 
Around lunch time today I started feeling incredibly weak, and my head felt swimmy.  I've eaten plenty today and drank plenty of water.  I'm not really sore or in pain, I just feel a little disoriented, and fatigued. 
Could I have overtrained? 
I was planning of swimming the next two days to give my legs a much needed break.  Should I go ahead and swim or give it a rest for a few days? 
Also how should do my workouts next week, that being the week of my race?

2009-09-03 3:25 PM
in reply to: #2388044

User image

Master
Falls Church, VA
Subject: RE: Weak, Faint, and and Dizzy :S

Feeling weak and dizzy sounds more like a nutrition issue than an overtraining issue to me.

It is very difficult to say without more info. Is your recent training the usual for you or has it been a big ramp up? Have you increased your calories, especially protein as your workouts have increased? How are you sleeping?

2009-09-03 5:00 PM
in reply to: #2388044

User image

Its been a pretty big increase in activity for me.  I've never been a biker, and I ran 3-3.5 miles comfortably but not regularly. 

2009-09-04 10:06 AM
in reply to: #2388347

Veteran
How much carbohydrate have you taken in? The requirements go up a fair amount for endurance sports, and I usually feel dizzy/weak when carbs are low. If it is not this, then I might consider a virus or such. Weakened immunity can happen with increased activity...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weak, Faint, and and Dizzy :S Rss Feed