Hermiston Chamber of Commerce
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 4h 17m 20s
Overall Rank = 26/62
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Waffles with almond butter a little coffee then packed up and headed to Umitilla about an hour away.
Event warmup:

nothing just walked around to keep warm.
Run
  • 4h 17m 20s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 09m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a very good run for me it had lots of hills and scenery to keep you entertained. I think I spent 80% of this race by myself. I was able to keep my focus all the way through the race even though there were a few times I questioned why am I doing this. One point in perticular was from mile 16.5 to mile 23 which was all uphill and had to dig deep down to keep from walking. I did end up walking a minute at mile 24 when i felt the muscle in my shin pop, then again at mile 25 which was a few minutes after the last aid station were I decided to try some vitamin water my stomach was not happy with me, luckly the sick feeling left very quickly and I was able to finish strong.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing other than sticking to the nutrition plan that works for me.
Post race
Warm down:

Streched and walked around drank some water and juice had a mini chocalate muffin then laid down in the sun and waited for Roni to finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Still not at the weight that I want to be at but I feel that my performance was good.

Event comments:

This race also had a lot of diffirent terrain to run on asphalt , cement, gravel, dirt, and grass. at mile 14.5 aid station the herimiston cheerleaders were chanting ( for the life of me I can't remember what it was they were chanting) and this stuck in my head for several miles which gave me something else to do in my head and kept me putting one foot in front of the other.

Last updated: 2009-10-22 12:00 AM
Running
04:17:20 | 26.2 miles | 09m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/62
Performance: Good
Course: Umitilla golf course down to the Columbia river then across Mcnary dam into Washington. West down HWY 14 for a couple of miles then across the I82 bridge back into Oregon. Then east up the Columbia for about 10 miles then back to Umitilla on HWY 730.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes