General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good Chicago area Bike store for Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-02-06 7:33 PM
in reply to: #2551318

Expert
Boise
Subject: RE: Good Chicago area Bike store for Tri
I just bought my 2010 Felt B16 from MOX today and I can't say enough nice things about them.

I spent 3+ hours there today picking out the perfect bike, that's on top of 2 hours in the beginning of January when I was just starting my bike search. Everyone there is extremely knowledgeable and extremely nice. I spent a lot of my time there today just talking about Tri's. They were super nice to my girlfriend who was just along for the ride and is just starting out with Tri's and gave her a TON of advice. They never tried to hurry me into a decision and allowed me to take my time. There was absolutely NO PRESSURE put on me. My experience was summed up by what one of the owners said to me, "We want people to come here just to hang out because you like us." I've never been at a shop before that was as inviting as they were.

The most important thing about the whole experience was that I really felt like they weren't trying to sell me up into a bike that I didn't REALLY need. They were very honest about the differences between the Felt B16 vs. B14 and made several changes to the B16 to make me completely happy with it.

They have exceeded my expectations for what a good Tri shop should be.

Edited by crazyquick23 2010-02-06 7:34 PM

2010-02-08 4:01 PM

User image

Expert
Chicagoland
good to read so many good shop suggestions!!! I'm looking for some tri stuff and only have one little bike shop by me (Carpentersville)-Jeff is awesome, but nothing tri, really. So, I was glad to see there is a good store in Crystal Lake and Naperville, definitely will visit those soon.
2010-03-01 10:39 AM

This is great - I was wondering where my best bet for a new bike was in the Chicago area. I didn't even have to ask the question myself. Thank you, search feature!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good Chicago area Bike store for Tri Rss Feed  

of 2