BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dexter and Marmadaddy's Group: CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 19

2010-04-11 1:17 PM
in reply to: #2577385

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
Subject: RE: Dexter and Marmadaddy's Group: CLOSED

hey all

i am looking for some guidance on transition. I know this sounds stupid but when you exit the swim do you dry off (as cycling in wet clothes will be cold) do you wear any other items if weather around the 50f mark. what do you put on first, running in cycling shoes out of transition doesn't seem comfortable. does number have to be on the front or back.

some experiences would be helpful. thanks

2010-04-11 6:58 PM
in reply to: #2783434

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1488

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1757

These are 2 really good videos.  I usually put on my glasses and then helmet first.  I would wear a wind breaker jacket in weather under 60 degrees.  I don't dry off anything but my feet, just lightly, to put them in my shoes.  I don't wear socks when I bike during a tri.  I run in my cycling shoes through transition.  I always try to rack near the bike in.  I don't like to run in them as much in T2.

Edited by jogo 2010-04-11 10:19 PM
2010-04-19 11:04 AM

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
I AM A TRIATHLETE

Well the first tri is done. A very surreal experience, one minute waiting to start, the next exiting the water to head into transition. At the start lots of nerves, organisers lost my race numbers so i got moved into a spare set that was among the elite swimmers. during the swim i felt sick!! must have been the nerves. took far to long in T1 which shows in my bike time as i actually did the 16km in 36 minutes not the 40 they recorded. We live and learn in this sport. The bike was a very hilly 2 loop course and ended with me racing a guy 2 numbers in front of me. Got passed by a few people on TT and carbon bikes that made an unholy amount of noise as they pass you. T2 came and went in a blur with a maelstrom of taking shoes off, racking bikes, bike top off (due to early morning temp) helmet down, gloves off and finally trainers on. The course was a 2 lap constant uphill with a nasty steep incline midway through and a short downhill to counter it. My legs were like lead and my calves felt like balloons the whole way round. great reception at the end from the 2 families (brother was racing to) and the kids had made banners up "come on the dads" and "come on the Mc's and they made enough noise for 10 families even at the pool side 

I crossed the line in just under the hour and 5 minute mark (1:04:58). Target time was 1:15. I finished 47th overall out of 102 and 8th out of 13 in my age group.

my brother finished 11th overall and said it was one of the hardest courses he has done so far, so made me feel better.

signed up for my next one on may 9th called the Stratford Tri. day off today and then back into the training. bring it on
2010-04-25 1:45 PM
in reply to: #2801298

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northwest Louisiana
MAC36 - 2010-04-19 11:04 AM
I AM A TRIATHLETE

I'm sorry I'm a bit slow to the dance, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Fanstastic job, sounds like a really tough course that you totally conquered! Proud of you!!!

2010-05-02 9:57 AM

User image

Chelsea, MI
Okay, so I'm resigning myself to the fact that I need to train for my IM with a full blown case of plantar faciitis. I can run (did the half marathon on PF) but have been advised not to when possible to speed the recovery process before the race at the end of August.

I'm stepping up the rest of my workouts, and I'll start trying to hit the elliptical trainer for the time I would have spent running each week. Any other suggestions? Strength training I should be sure to include for muscles that won't get as toned from the bike/elliptical?

Grrr.

Heather
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dexter and Marmadaddy's Group: CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 19