2003-09-05 2:46 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2003-09-05 8:33 PM
in reply to: #674

Regular
Springfield, Ohio
Subject: RE: Changing Lifestyle
Fat loss at a pound a week is 52 pounds in a year!! Seriously, a pound a week is great. Losing more than that could be a sign of too much training or inadequate intake.
2003-09-06 4:22 AM

Champion
Gold member
Subject: great job!

glad your liking the running.  its hilarious, most people start out loathing it BUT end up loving it and NEEDING to get that run fix 2-3 times a week or we feel bad. 

45tri is right on.  your weight loss is great, any more and it would be unhealthy.  of course, don't delude yourself in thinking that u can keep that 0.5-1lb per week till u hit your target.  the closer u get to your target, the more that rate will fall, the more your body will resist, and the harder it will be.  BUT u can do it, stay motivated - that is when many people give up - on those first several pounds that seem to 'melt away'.  some people say that they r surprised they haven't dropped the weight off they wanted to by their first tri BUT that is when u must not give up and must get into the trenches and fight.  your body is making a big change.  losing 75lbs is something your body is gonna fight u for (in your case 10years...their is no way your body is gonna give it up quickly).  just keep tri'ing.  focus on swimming , bike, run and diet but not the scale.  focus on improving your training (safely) keep a strict diet THEN jump on the scale every few months - THEN u will be surprised on excited.  i know a lot of people watch that scale too much and if u having a bad week on the scale (which is gonna happen) it will give u a bad week mentally.

ok, i have no idea on what just happened above...i swear it was gonna be quick.  anyways, great progress!

2003-09-06 8:51 PM

Central Louisiana
Sounds like you are doing a great job so far. Many times by the time we realize where we have ended up, it is hard to find our way back. Hang in there and you will find your way.

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-09-08 10:39 PM

denver co
i want to give you a little pat on the back. i will never forget when i made the same decision......i wanted to eat right, have a fit body, and a healthy mind. it's a great way to live. running was always an issue for me, too but now.......different story. i recently cut one day out of my training schedule to add more swimming.....(damn swimming)and it was literally painful. i'm hoping i will soon come to love swimming as i have running. keep it up!
scott
2003-09-09 6:58 PM

East TN
been there and done that office thing, it's amazing that the more money we make, the less we actually "do". Great work with the weight loss, and like everyone else says, don't watch the scales.

2003-09-11 8:13 AM

Port Charlotte, Florida
Lara,
Thanks for inspiring me. I think the weight loss you reported is fantastic, not too fast, not too slow.

I am in my 3rd week of 12 week training for my first triathlon, I'm 50 years old and overweight. I haven't registered for the triathlon yet because I'm afraid. However, I'm going to stick to the training regimen regardless, and I hope I follow through with it.

Your post was great motivation for me.
Rita
P.S. (I am terrified to get on the scales and haven't weighed in over a month...)

2003-09-11 11:49 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2003-09-12 5:14 AM
in reply to: #735

Veteran
Rutland Ohio (South Eastern Ohio)
Lara,

I envy being able to train year round. Even this summer in Ohio, I had problems training outside as much as I wanted because it seemed like it was raining anytime I wanted to take a bike ride.

I really admire you for getting into tri and viewing it as a lifestyle change. I also admire you in the miles you are putting in ---"I'm currently Running 3 miles 3x a week and bike 10+ miles 5x a week(I ran/walked 6.4 miles by accident last Sunday"--- That is excellent. I wish I would be disiplined enough to get that much biking in.

Good luck and keep it up.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Changing Lifestyle Rss Feed