Fort Myers Track Club
40F / 4C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 55m 35s
Overall Rank = 54/300
Age Group = W40-44
Age Group Rank = 1/10
Pre-race routine:

Had pancakes and coffee at the ihop...thought we budgeted enough time, but in true fit2tri trail running style, we had to find parking, ran to registration, then ran to the start line, arriving at 7:59 for the 8am start. Love the off season races :) :) :)
Event warmup:

Run from car to registration then to the start line!!! Woot!! Great way to get blood pumping.
Run
  • 1h 55m 35s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

first 3-4 miles were spent going fast and getting away from the mess..once I hit mile 4 or so, we did a snake through an open field. I settled in behind a guy who was holding a steady 8:20 or so pace, and felt comfortable with it. His name was John, and a girl named Krystel was settled in behind me, once she attempted to pass a few times but realized she was feeling winded. I stayed with them the whole run, with John leading. Our pace dropped significantly miles 9 and 10 as we hit a bunch of up and downs. Once we got to miles 12 and 13, we put the hammer down and finished strong. Crossed with John side by side, Krystel a few min behind. He was a 50 something year old, she was a 20 something year old. AT one point we had a 66 year old behind us, who passed us and finished before us :) Gotta love it!
Post race
Warm down:

Not much. Talked to John, he introduced me to ultra running legend Danny Ripka :) Found my peeps and headed out for coffee after we froze waiting for our boars carved out of wood - the prize for placing in your age group.

Event comments:

I love this race!! 2nd year doing it...organic cotton t's...recycled glass medals...and the prizes for placing were wood cut outs from pigs. All the profits from the very cheap race go to charity. Awesome!!

A great venue, challenging yet fun course. Love this race! Look forward to next year :)

Last updated: 2010-01-03 12:00 AM
Running
01:55:35 | 13.1 miles | 08m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/10
Overall: 54/300
Performance: Good
Course: Twisty, turny, up and downs, fields, singletrack, a bit of everything!!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-01-06 9:01 PM

User image

Master
South Florida
Subject: River, Roots and Ruts Trail Run

2010-01-07 7:24 PM
in reply to: #2599312

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Subject: RE: River, Roots and Ruts Trail Run
Congratulations! This sounds like my kind of race - perfect for earthy folk. Thanks for the report, and hurray on 1st place!
2010-01-08 10:06 AM
in reply to: #2599312

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » River, Roots and Ruts Trail Run Rss Feed