General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newby in Balmy Minnesota Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-07 1:29 PM

New user

Chaska, MN
Subject: Newby in Balmy Minnesota
Hi all -

Just started tri training a couple months ago. I'm finding it a blast. First, I can't believe how technical swimming is and after two months of training I now realize how important it is to be a strong cyclist.

Why tris? Up until a few months ago, I never had a desire to do any endurance races until I started doing the long runs with my neighbor (a two time Ironman) to get ready for a marathon he had signed up for. Well, I enjoyed the long runs and decided to do the marathon with him and I ended up qualifying for Boston.

After the race, he played some kind of Jedi mind-trick on me and we signed up for IM Florida in 2010. Since then, I hired a tri coach, swim three times a week, bike at least four and run every so often. I'm having a blast.

I have a summer full of tris ahead of me, but the big day is Nov 6th. Any advice you can bestow on a newbie would be greatly appreicated. Good luck to you.

Edited by donzisteve 2010-01-07 1:37 PM

2010-01-07 1:46 PM
in reply to: #2600789

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
Subject: RE: Newby in Balmy Minnesota
Hi! What races are you doing?
2010-01-07 1:51 PM
in reply to: #2600843

New user

Chaska, MN

The ones I know of are Chaska Sprint, Bemidji Olympic, Liberty Half IM and Pigman Half IM. I need to add in a couple more sprints and one more olympic distance. Any suggestions?

2010-01-07 3:12 PM
in reply to: #2600855

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
Any of the Midwest Multisport events are great--Waconia and Heart Of The Lakes are both good, and are also fairly westerly races. Manitou sprint is also fun...but may be too close to Liberty. Pigman sprint would give you a nice preview of the half course...
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newby in Balmy Minnesota Rss Feed