View Member's Race Log
McKinney, TX
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 51m 14s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Ate oatmeal w/brownsugar and sliced banana for breakfast. Its the breakfast of Champions.
Event warmup:

No warmup.
Bike
  • 2h 51m 14s
  • 55 miles
  • 19.27 mile/hr
Comments:

Even though I went out too fast it gives me confidence to know that I can do a half. It was my longest ride to date and before that was 50 miles.

I started out riding with Karla, but at the half way point I dropped back to get a drink, and I never caught back up. That girl can fly. I'm working on it. But I definitely see improvement. I tried not to draft as much as possible. It really was only an issue in the beginning when there were so many people. After that everybody spread out. People were pretty friendly too, it was really nice. After going through the traffic jam to get there with people driving like a-holes I was kind of wondering what kind of ride it was going to be. This was my first ride with a large group. Its good to learn how to maneuver through people. I love seeing all age groups and ability levels outside riding. I couldn't have asked for better weather and the volunteers were great!
What would you do differently?:

Not go out so fast and stay better hydrated.
Post race
Warm down:

Does riding my bike back to my car count?

What limited your ability to perform faster:

5 hours of sleep and improper fueling and hydrating.

Event comments:

There were even volunteers to hold your bike at some of the drink stations and as you went along the stations got closer together. I stopped at three and it was wonderful.

Last updated: 2005-06-11 12:00 AM
Biking
02:51:14 | 55 miles | 19.27 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
First half I was flying. Decided to slow it a bit to save something for the end, but by mile 36 there was a definite decline in speed and hill climbing abilities.
Wind: Some
Course: Half smoothe roads. Half not even close to smoothe roads. No potholes though. Rolling hills with a killer hill at the last mile and a half.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering:
Gear changes: Below average Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right