Houston Rockets
32F / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 24m 13s
Overall Rank = 235/2091
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 14/68
Pre-race routine:

woke up and it was hard to move my leg, my left groin was very tight and painful from my australian rules football venture yesterday. i just can't sprint like that anymore. got up doubtful i could even do this race. ate some strawberries and blueberrys then i got dressed. called my sister and told her not to bother to bring the kids out and went outside to check the weather. it was freezing, 32 degrees! went to the parking garage and tried to run. pain. pushed through and found as long as i didnt take off to fast i could get to a cruising speed that was not too bad. so i decided to give it a try. called sis back and told her where to set up.
Event warmup:

it was really cold out here but it was going to affect everyone so i tried not to dwell on it too much. there was an area across the street from the starting line, a park, and i went over and jogged to stay warm.
Run
  • 24m 13s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 47s  min/mile
Comments:

i was really tired. the footy i played on saturday took way more out of me than i thought. hadn't sprinted like that in a long time so my legs were tired. a twinge started in my left calf about halfway in that made me want to stop but i didn't feel like i was pushing too hard and kept going. at the two mile mark i was pretty miserable with just feeling tired but knew i was just about done.
What would you do differently?:

not play hours of footy the day before.
Post race
Warm down:

to the post race party where i enjoyed pizza (to hell with lactose issues) and beer.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

fatigue

Last updated: 2010-01-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:13 | 03.11 miles | 07m 47s  min/mile
Age Group: 14/68
Overall: 235/2091
Performance: Average
Course: very easy, straight out and straight back, up La Branch and back on Ausin. looped around the stadium, then down a ramp and into the stadium to the basketball court. kinda neat ending there. i liked it.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes