General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Got to start somewhere Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-12 6:11 AM

User image

Branford
Subject: Got to start somewhere
Hello all. New at this. Blogging is interesting and keeping me inspired. Going for my first Tri in Sept. Have run 5k's.  I work hard in the gym but feel "what the hell is all this work for" so now a Goal!
Biggest issue other than I am not a strong swimmer is nutrition. Could use all the help I can get for eating to feed muscle with my diet restrictions. No dairy ever, limited soy, low fiber (no nuts) limited wheat products. I have tried rice protein shakes but can only do this 2 times a week before it takes its toll. Yes, I am a pasta and rice girl!! Need extra energy...for the extra push!

2010-02-12 6:13 AM
in reply to: #2669279

User image

Subject: RE: Got to start somewhere
Hello!

Welcome to the site, can't really advise you on nutrition but I am sure some one else will reply with some advice!
The blog system is brilliant and really does help!
2010-02-12 7:16 AM

User image

York, PA
Hi Denise,
I am new to tri's too. But I have been an athlete my whole life. I started training Dec 27 and the biggest thing I have learned so far is that the training is about endurance. I can't offer any nutrition advice but you might also want to check out the Programs on here you can follow to begin training. Good Luck.
Robin

Edited by Robin7 2010-02-12 7:19 AM
2010-02-12 6:57 PM
in reply to: #2669330

User image

Branford
Thanks Robin for the information. I would love to say I have been an athlete all my life. Unfortunately, I was the kid on all the sports teams but always on the bench. Oh well, now is what counts. I have been training hard for over a year now and love it. My son is in college so I have a lot more free time to "play" My husband has always been an avid moutainbiker, climber, hiker and always in some sort of competitive form. I was his cheerleader for years so it is nice to turn the tables a bit. As for my son, he is my hero. He has been recently diagnosed with an auto immune disease and the toll it has taken on him physically is hard to see. He has great doctors, a great attitude and is treating his disease with such maturity. We are in the climbing gym together and I couldn't be more thrilled.
Look forward to the support this site seems to offer. Like minds...love that!!
2010-02-12 7:02 PM

User image

Expert
I agree with the "got to start somewhere" moto. Doing my first tri in April. Seems to be a very specific diet that you are trying to tackle. I would say that starting off, you want to make sure you have enough fuel in the tank to do the training properly without running out of energy.

Congrats on your new endeavor.
2010-02-12 7:53 PM
in reply to: #2670810

User image

Branford
It seems that protein is the way to go when you want to recover from the heavy load strength training seems to take on the muscles. I'm guessing it is the same for multi-sport training. That is where I hit a wall. Need a more efficient fuel for energy, especially running. Just getting into "the research" of the whole thing.
Hey, good luck to you in April. Keep me posted. Let the fun begin!!  

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Got to start somewhere Rss Feed