General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Long Time Lurker First Post Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-09-09 8:39 AM

Charleston, IL
Subject: Long Time Lurker First Post
Hey everyone,

I have been looking at this website for what seems like about a month now and it just dawned me that there was a message forum on here as well. I am really enjoying what I am reading. I have been a big guy for a while now and I have decided to change directions with it. I love what I am doing now. I am a 22 year old senior from Ann Arbor, MI. I am six foot tall and about 220 pounds. I have a little to much chubbyness then I would like.

Since I have started , I have slowly progressed my way up to 9 minutes of running mixed with/21 minutes of walking 3 times a week, along with 2 days of weight training, 30 minutes of tennis, and 30 minutes of aerobics each week. I will be honest that first day of running was the worst, I hated it. But now that I am a few weeks into my 30 week program, I want to run more and more and have to discipline myself not to overtrain. I think I am getting what they call the "Runner's high" after my runs. Its complete satisifaction. Along wth the workouts I have been logging everything that I eat and drink in a notebook binder. It has worked wonders for me.

I am doing this in large part for myself but in many ways for my mother who survived luekemia not to long ago and a grandfather that used to be a great runner who has survived prostate cancer. They are fighters and the conquered the hardest of things and I want to be a fighter too, on another playing field.

I am training to do a 5k race in late october, then a little longer race on Thanksgiving day, but ultimately I am looking for a triathlon around the march time period to participate in and would like to travel to do it. So if any of yall down south know any please feel free to share.

Thanks,
Seth

2003-09-09 9:14 AM
in reply to: #698

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: ahhhh....

the runners high.  u know what that means?  your hooked.

great progress so far.  u shall give us a race report for those two 5K's right?

oh yeah...WELCOME to the board.

2003-09-09 2:18 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Long Time Lurker First Post
Keep up the good work and you will achieve your goals.

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-09-09 6:51 PM

East TN
Subject: RE: Long Time Lurker First Post
Great reasons to keep going, it's awesome that your family members are your motivation. Stick with it, you'll not be sorry.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Long Time Lurker First Post Rss Feed