General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spread out the Intermediate Ironman program from BT Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-04 9:36 PM

User image

Subject: Spread out the Intermediate Ironman program from BT
Hi, I am doing my second HIM on August 15 and I am doing the Intermediate HIM progam from BT for Silver members. I then have a month when I am travelling in Europe with my son so I might not get any consistent training - maybe a run or swim here and there.

Then I have 32 weeks to my first Ironman. I am thinking of following the 20 week Intermeditate IM program from BT but doing weeks 5 to 8 (4 times).

This should give me an excellent base.

Has anybody following these programs or have some advice on my idea?

2010-04-14 3:21 PM
in reply to: #2768006

User image

Boulder, Colorado
Subject: RE: Spread out the Intermediate Ironman program from BT

Barry,

Good luck with the HIM and enjoy the month of traveling. Sounds like a good balance!

As for the Ironman - you have a few options plan wise. My recommendation would be to build your fitness back up slowly- use the Int. HIM plan you are doing now for the first 12 weeks, then start the 20 week plan. This way you can compare your workouts from the first time around and you'll be building the base back up properly for when you get to 20 weeks out from the IM plan. Make sense?

PS - I wrote the HIM and IM plans you are using and they were built so you could use them back to back if you wanted to. Good luck in your IM! Safe travels.

2010-04-18 5:26 PM
in reply to: #2768006

User image

Subject: RE: Spread out the Intermediate Ironman program from BT
Hi Mike,

That sounds like good advice - I will adjust my plan accordingly.

Thank you for your kind words.

Regards
Barry
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spread out the Intermediate Ironman program from BT Rss Feed